Dedicated server help

Best answers
can someone help me figure out how to set up a dedicated server for ESF...do i install half-life dedicated server thing and somehow get esf running form that or so i install the hl dedicated server to the esf foldelr or the half-life folder or is there a dedicated server thing for esf? plz help mee
oh and1!! i just wanna say i need this to work on steam

Best answers
I think you can't create a ESF dedicated server on Steam.
If I'm wrong, correct me ^^

Best answers
you have to be able too theres servers like {gods} thats up 24/7 there has to be a way...there is with cs and i know that 100% so there has to be a way with esf

Best answers
First of All there Has to be alot of Gamers online witch play the game
Most gamers i see online at steam is like 20 CS has 1 or 2 million
2the Compays most host them and be convinced thad its Wort hosting Deticated server
3the Just Use ur ESF tool to do it

Best answers
now explain that in elgish lol ...use the esftool? what tool where?
and also downloaded hlds form the steam site, but when i try to load the mod ESF says My servers out of date and will not show on the servers list...but i cna host my server listen perfectly and its on the list.....
and i also tried updating the server though DOS cause its the only way...so i went into the HLDS folder thing and i typed
hldsupdatetool.exe -update cstrike . ESF silentsniperz password and it said unknown game "esf" do i have to add it to soem list so hldsupdate tool will see it? and let me download an update

Best answers
I thought so cuz Steam has a dedicated server function, which does not support ESF. And ingame, you can't choose dedicated server. I saw that function on the ESF-Tool (download it here: http://esf-world.com/download.php?file_id=60), but on my comp it doesn't works. Maybe it will work on yours - but please dont ask in this forum how to get the ESF Tool to work - ask the creator of the tool.

Best answers
dat program is ghey >.< i couildnt get it to work but luckaly i got my dedicated server to work anyway. turns out HLDS did work and it didnt need to be updated AANDDD the prob was i had max playerrs set to 20. i guess it has to be 32/16/12/10 things like that...

Best answers
loool nice

ESF tool Is easey
Just SAy where Ur HL exe is
and where Ur metamod/amxmod/adminmod is

Then Config ur server and start :d

Best answers
All you have to do to get the Steam dedicated server to work with ESF is: 1 Run dedicated server at least once to download all the neccisarry files. 2 Make a copy of your esf folder and put it in the "Steam\SteamApps\(your email)\dedicated server" folder. After that you should be able to run HLDS and choose ESF from the game list jus like any other game. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom