Dedicated on WON; command path?

Best answers
I installed ESF and the ded server on WON, and upon trying to open the server, it said it was looking for steam.exe ;/

What is the path this shortcut should be pointing? Because right now it's aimed at C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -applaunch 5 -game esf I redirected it to the WON folder, but it's not...aimed right.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Himm...
What is applaunch 5?

Just make shure that your hl.exe is in that folder. As far as I can tell its that -applaunch 5 mainly cause I never saw it before.

Best answers
-applaunch 5 is basically telling steam to begin a game (I think) and then the command after it (IE -game esf) tells it which game to start.

Now its confusing me, why are you opening half life if you want to start a dedicated server? Try these 2 things:

1. Change hl.exe to hlds.exe, take away -applaunch 5 since you don't want to begin a game, instead you want hlds to redirect itself to ESF, therefore you leave -game esf in the command line

if that doesn't work

2. Put this into your command line /steam.exe -applaunch 5 -game hlds -esf

If it still doesn't work tell me.

One other thing you can try, locate HLDS, create a shortcut (doesn't matter where) enter properties. Leave the command line as it is, instead change/add -game esf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom