Decompose plastic in three months?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
After that sham with the hookers and the 13-year old, I don't trust these news articles so easily.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus, he has a very valid point. If something eventually (albeit slowly) decomposes it, you can exploit it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question is that if such an abundant food source is available, why haven't these two organisms already multiplied exponentially? Whats preventing them from becoming plentiful enough to naturally decrease the rate of decomposure (er, thats not a word, but you get the idea) of plastics?

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My question is that if such an abundant food source is available, why haven't these two organisms already multiplied exponentially? Whats preventing them from becoming plentiful enough to naturally decrease the rate of decomposure (er, thats not a word, but you get the idea) of plastics?
If I expected you to eat as many cheeseburgers s their are plastic bags in a short period of time do you think you could do it? ;P

Leave the poor little bacteria alone, they are are prolly munching down those bags as fast as they can :(

Plus maybe the poor little guys have reproductive issue you don't know about... It's not nice to pick on things like that y'know ;P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This just sounds brilliant. A major step forward in advancing greener lifestyles. How incredibly simple. Rig up garbage dumps with these fermentation tanks and pile it all in. 3 months may mean a lag, but hey, it's a ton better than what we have now, which is just piling it high.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Launch it into space tbh.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are 2 articles about it, a bit elaborate for a simple hoax :).

Great stuff, plastic bags could release loads of horrible stuff like chlorine if we tried burning it but a minute amount of Carbon Dioxide and water is an amazing alternative.

A fair amount of stuff in landfills is plastic so that means the need for landfill should reduce.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is getting enough of one kind of microbe to do any good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom