DBZ XENOVERSE!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
got ninja storm 3 on pc and it's alright :eek:

perfectly playable with an xbox controller. so i don't see an issue really.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I can invision me playing this just because it is a DBZ game on the PC, however if it is a shitty port than I might back away from playing it! :/ I could really use a DBZ inspired PC game atm :/

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanna play that green screen game lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
got ninja storm 3 on pc and it's alright :eek:

perfectly playable with an xbox controller. so i don't see an issue really.
That's the problem. It's playable only with a controller. Mine's dead. So no more Naruto for me. No DBX either if that is the case with it. Also it's locked at 30 fps... no idea if there was any intention to do that to somehow 'emulate' the show or just pure incompetence. And considering, that apparently a company much more insane than namco knows better than that for some reason, I'm going to guess it's the latter.

I can invision me playing this just because it is a DBZ game on the PC, however if it is a shitty port than I might back away from playing it! :/ I could really use a DBZ inspired PC game atm :/
You and me both. It doesn't help that for some reason I had a dream of playing ESF:F a few nights ago for no reason. But alas...

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction. It was playable with a controller that has XboX support. Im using a direct imput controller and the bloody game didnt even recognize it. You see X imput is nice and all, but i want my controller to have extra functionality. Like binding macros to it so i can use it instead of a mouse so i can just plug it in and from there on forget the mouse untill i blug it out. You can not do that with X imput. And the support for keyboard was totall shit. Not because of the game mechanics mind you. But because they didnt switch out the button prompts. As ports go it was Dark Souls 1 quality before the patching.

And also 30 FPS in a game where quick reaction is important. Are you kidding me?

All in all Ultimate ninja storm 3 was crap on the PC. Quite honestly dont know how console players deal with the 30 FPS thing in a bloody fighting game >.<

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Correction. It was playable with a controller that has XboX support. Im using a direct imput controller and the bloody game didnt even recognize it. You see X imput is nice and all, but i want my controller to have extra functionality. Like binding macros to it so i can use it instead of a mouse so i can just plug it in and from there on forget the mouse untill i blug it out. You can not do that with X imput. And the support for keyboard was totall shit. Not because of the game mechanics mind you. But because they didnt switch out the button prompts. As ports go it was Dark Souls 1 quality before the patching.

And also 30 FPS in a game where quick reaction is important. Are you kidding me?

All in all Ultimate ninja storm 3 was crap on the PC. Quite honestly dont know how console players deal with the 30 FPS thing in a bloody fighting game >.<
Did you try using x360ce?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you try using x360ce?
Yea didnt work. One of those rare cases i guess.

In any case i have a logitech gamepad now since the old one broke. Supports both Ximput and direct imput along with all the customization for direct ofcourse.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea didnt work. One of those rare cases i guess.

In any case i have a logitech gamepad now since the old one broke. Supports both Ximput and direct imput along with all the customization for direct ofcourse.
Was it cheap? I'm thinking of getting an 360 controller for the PC, but since I'm a cheap bastard I keep changing my mind about it...

Besides so long as it will work with x360ce I don't even care.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Because, if your PC can uphold the 30fps without drops it's not needed to have more fps.
Offcourse it'll ensurea more smooth gameplay but 30 is enough.

And fast reactions?

Naruto games or even Xenoverse isn't esf you know.
You don't have to be that fast in the game.
and besides, as long the game can register your buttons it's fine.
And that isn't linked to the 30fps.

30 or 60 fps, it won't make YOU faster lmao :p

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Uhm, one thing about all that 30FPS is enough...Visually it would be enough if a game wouldn't render perfectly sharp STILL images. Even with motion blur, it's just 30 snapshort of infinite short exposure time of something moving. So nope it's not enough. Then when you PC is only capable of processing 30 fps it means the gameloop also runs at 30fps means all the stuff...updates, collision handling and so on is also just done 30 times a sec. Sure the OS might buffer key inputs but the game can only process that at the next tick. So actually the response time of the game itself is dependant on the FPS, that means 30 or 60 fps won't make YOU faster but it will make the game respond faster to commands

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uhm, one thing about all that 30FPS is enough...Visually it would be enough if a game wouldn't render perfectly sharp STILL images. Even with motion blur, it's just 30 snapshort of infinite short exposure time of something moving. So nope it's not enough. Then when you PC is only capable of processing 30 fps it means the gameloop also runs at 30fps means all the stuff...updates, collision handling and so on is also just done 30 times a sec. Sure the OS might buffer key inputs but the game can only process that at the next tick. So actually the response time of the game itself is dependant on the FPS, that means 30 or 60 fps won't make YOU faster but it will make the game respond faster to commands
Did not know,
gave this a go on google and found a pretty intresting article about this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-frame-rate-vs-frame-pacing

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did not know,
gave this a go on google and found a pretty intresting article about this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-frame-rate-vs-frame-pacing
The issue in that article isnt the unlocked framerate. Its the fact that the consoles are not powerfull enough to guarantee a 60 FPS experience. So you get frame drops. On PC we have settings we can turn down for this very reason. And ofcourse a stable 30 FPS is better than large frame drops, but its still less responsive than a stable 60 FPS. And fighting games are about timed button presses. So overall its a lot smoother and fluid at 60 FPS compared to 30. Since the update rate of the commands its twice as fast. This in fighters gives you less instances where you press the button but get hit because you were stuck waiting for the update to register a split second later.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Of course... Let's say you have 30FPS in ESF 1.2. You would have absolutely no chance against another good player with lets say an equal skillset but he would have 100FPS. Like Grega said, this is a lot more noticable in fast paced games.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Things like running a game at fixed 30fps is a decision wich is either early made, because they know that they need a stable fps or when the dev team notices they can't maintain a high stable fps.
Stability then goes before most of the time high fps(well at least in properly coded games) because then they lock it at max 30fps and know excatly what time they have to do stuff and all. Means they can better predict how the game behaves.
Some stuff is also very sensitive to varying fps, like physics, they can get spasms :D(rly it might happen that because of some short fps drop the time between 2 frames gets big enought that the physic engine calculates wrong results, like sudden super fast acceleration of stuff).
And yeah as Grega said console games mostly don't have options because it's easier to discard them and just aim for a locked 99% of the time reached fps.

For ESF we allready have a couple of options and they will be more once everything is done. Graphics wise i always implement high/ultra version first and then make downgraded version wich look as close as the can while offering some additional FPS
Only thing i don't know atm how i could make it low quality are the clouds -.- A 2D plane just doesn't look nearly close to the 3D volume version, most likely because they intersect the map.

Best answers
Since we are talking about FPS = will there be option to enable vsynch?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Vsync can be allways enabled by graphics driver and i think we have an option for it(atm i test with v-sync on all the time

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally something that shows that this game is actually promising. From some of the gameplay here it's interesting that it does remind me a little of ESF, though it just seems slower.

[video=youtube;RhefT6Rxvbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhefT6Rxvbc[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom