DBZ Re-dub: Saiyan+Namek Sagas, Movies 1, 2, 3 + more!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he WAS voiced by a prepubescent girl in the Japanese voice acting, Gohan and Goten too.

I prefer the dubs too, the Japanese seems to have two styles of voices, high pitch for the innocent characters and low pitch for Piccolo and Vegeta. The dubbed voices convey character a heck of a lot better, to a western audience anyway.

You never know, there could be japanese DBZ forums discussing whether they prefer the original or the subbed dub :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I agree with the last two posts. I just like the voices a lot more. To me it's just silly to have a hero who can detonate a planet and be exploding with power...sound like the lady who picks through our garbage on her bike every week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lame

it was awseome with all the

"oh i saw his parachute hes ok!"
"Its a good thing this city was evacuated in time (despite the fact that there were people in the last scene..)"
"ill send you to another dimention!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
lame

it was awseome with all the

"oh i saw his parachute hes ok!"
"Its a good thing this city was evacuated in time (despite the fact that there were people in the last scene..)"
"ill send you to another dimention!"
you forgot "you... almost peirced my armor.......!!!" (Close enough! *falls over*)

what were they thinking when they did this...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"UNGGH YES YES YES I CAN DO THIISS I CAN WIN I FEEL GREAT UUNGGH YES YESS!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was really the worst Piccolo moment in the history of the series. Seriously. He reminded me of that Nutrigrain guy (go check out the video at Ebaums)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but thats why it was so awesome because it sounded so utterly retarded!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
piccolo- "go on, get moving, take cover, gokus about to release the kamehameha wave!"

The last three seconds of that incredbly repeditive piece of dialoge see that his mouth neither moves or closes.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Damn...i liked vegeta's voice from the saiyan saga.
As do I...I must download and save those episodes on a disc or something....March 2005 till Brolly Returns...that's entirely too long!!

~But one can wait for long periods of time when that's all they have.......time

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they already have ripped people off , the people who bought the box sets of those sags's now have to go buy the new crap , i would rather just use bit torrent to get 'em if u went to the bother of buying one of namek , saiyan sag box sets

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree that Ocean had the far better Vegeta voice. For that reason alone I love the Ocean dubs. Funi Vegeta sounds . . . well . . . like sayians smoke 3 packs a day by the time they are 15 (art imitating life? :F). As for the Japanese Dub, I can't stand the 40 year old woman as a 15 year old's voice shtick. Many of the Japanese voices were commanding and impressive (Buu and Cell both spring instantly to mind.) All told, I would prefer a mix of some of Ocean's and Funi's talent, with the script barely altered and the film uncut.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man. I loved the Funi Vegeta...especially the Majin Monologues. I have them all on my computer. :0)

Best answers
I like the english goku's voice I just hate his fighting grunts, and his screams, and the way he says moves. On the other hand the Japanese Goku, I love pretty much everything from the way he talks to his screams. Goku has the best scream in anime.

Cell has the best Kamehameha in Japanese, and English, but for English movies the best Goku voice was in the World's Stronger, and the Dead zone, especially when they all did the Kamehameha (ROshi, Kuririn, and Goku) Roshi: Everyone Kamehameha!

Goku, Kuririn, and Roshi: KA ME HA ME..wait...Ha.

Throughout that whole movie though Roshi did the best kamehameha.

Goku's also said the best Kaioken in that movie =D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
On the other hand the Japanese Goku, I love pretty much everything from the way he talks to his screams.
i think u mean

she :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O ... the sound of a little girl screaming never really struck me as badass, heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom