DBA Vegeta

Best answers
..Ko i was asked 2 re-model DBA (dragonball adventure the HL2 mod) 's vegeta with help from martok, allowing me 2 edit his previous 1 in the process. Now bear in mind that this mod is in the early stages and that the model is not complete yet BUT if u want 2 see pics of the entire thing go 2 :

DBA Vegeta Thread

..(im way 2 llazy -_-) but n e wayz i hav made a nice render of vegeta and do rember that i still hav a lot 2 change and edit

..Tweek ;)

Best answers
Why to you meshsmooth a game mesh? Why why why why? There's no point to it at all, especially as you or who ever did the original doesn't seem to know the first thing about working with it. It's poly count is going to be through the roof with **** all detail to show for it.

Best answers
It's nice, just make the eyebrows blocky instead of round, and make the scouter blocky.

Greetz Ran-D

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I found sometihjng weird.

It looks if the hair is not attached.

Best answers
lol I know that kid that models most of his models are like 5000 polys. I hope he knows that because half the models you guys got wont fit ingame

Best answers
..i wouldnt worry 2 much cus this is only bout 3.4k in polys (im used 2 making low poly models -_-) and thankz 4 pointing out that lil rpob wid the hair :p.. but as 4 the luvly remark (-_-) buy Mista_Wanksta.... u do better ....

..Tweek ;)

Best answers
ROFL! 3.4k for that? Man, that's the best joke I've heard in ages.

Just because you CAN use more doesn't mean you HAVE to. Bloody hell, that's a complete and utter waste of polys, you could put ****loads of detail in with that and make it look twice as good. Lets see a wireframe of it.

Best answers
wow!!!!!!!!!
DBZ ON HL2?!?!?! wOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A good people can send me the best images of this MOD?
[email protected]
This is the email of my other account, PhAnToM-KiNg, I lost my password.. hehehe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks kinda of nice from the 3/4 view o_O;

Besides the meshsmooth issue, you have some fairly terrible anatomy problems with the model.
Try going to www.cgtalk.com and www.polycount.com and look at some other people game meshes so you can get an idea of how to layout your own game mesh with plenty of details, without using a meshsmooth.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no offense, but thats like the worst model proportionally and poly-ish since dan's models.

Best answers
No offense but... it does look like crap. Just like all the other models in that mod. Not even hl2 will support them at their poly count..

Best answers
..i wish people would get it throught there heads wot WIP means -_-.. n e wayz if u peeeps wont 2 crit so much id like 2 see u make a better model ..CUS U CANT.. and as 4 a101, well i think OUR head is a little 2 big for ur body.. but as 4 sum of the more constructive critasisms.. then thankz ^^

..Tweek ;)

p.s. u people would b suprised at the model suport 4 HL2.. YOU cant tell till u have seen it!!!!

Best answers
Oh, I know the polycount support of HL2 goes upto upto and above 7k, but as I said using all those polys uselessly as with all the models in that mod is pointless, just means less people will be able to use it. The poly limit is meant to allow extra detail and generall higher quality, neither of which this model has. I've seen more detailed and higher quality models use just over half the polys in that. Post some wires and I'll give you some crits.

as 4 a101, well i think OUR head is a little 2 big for ur body..
And just what is that supposed to mean?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fact that it is WIP is why people are critting it, people wouldnt crit a finishd model, WIP means you sare still working on it and you need to know whats wrong with it, if you dont want crits just say it, but by making a WIP thread you are going to get bad crits every now and then, especially with a model with just as many flaws as it does polys, (too many)

if it was my model id completely restart it, youve already wasted too many polys, fixing the huge amount of poblems with it wont be very easy with 9 million vertexes between point A and point B,

we cant make a better model?, a cube at this point would be as impressive, (yes i know its WIP, thast why im telling you it sucks now so you can fix it in the future when its not so WIP) and a101 can out model you any day of the week, and ive only seen 1 of his models (opposed to about 5 of yours) to come to that conclusion

the front proportions are horrible, look at a few pictures, the head and hair is mishapen as well,

the side proportions are as bad as ive ever seen, what the hell were you thinking when you made it like that, his chest is flat, which is just fine for a low poly model, but this one is not, this is FAR from that, shape his chest,..like a chest and give his armor the shapes around the edges that it needs,

i think you expect way too much from the HL2 engine, using the same excuse as you, you havent played it yet either, so you dont know if it can or not, just cuz you can use more polys doesnt mean you should put more than necessary into a model, that model has more wasted polys than it does actual needed ones, thus my "if it was my model id completely restart it" above,

though its not my models and not my call to say restart it, its what i reccomend,

and if you dont want crits say so, if you make a WIP thread and post a pictue of a model with that amount of flaws, your just asking for some harsh comments, that was your mistake

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
how long did it take you to write that ?^^ o well , i just dont undertsand why to use meshmod , you can model a vegeta on 3dsmax or ms3d 10x times better , and use 1/3 of those polys

Best answers
..thankz u for that luvly speach..(ill b sure 2 rrread the rest later) the fact that it is a wip is fine and i dont mind critasism.. its just when people decided 2 just tell u that u r wrong and they r right.. the hole point of making th thread is 2 see wear im goin wrong and wot i can do 2 fix it.. not 2 just b yelled.. im sure u of all people can understand this nuttzy.. but , 1nce again, this is in early stages and i would like crits which actualy give me sum ideas and not absolutly pointless 1ns...

..Tweek ;)

Best answers
i think the model is very good it has the cartoony thing that dbz has wich most dbz mods lack i like the model allot but it will only get better and better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom