Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to get resources in this game there are little points that you build a structure on. then it spawns resources, and you can upgrade that structure into a tower that increases its defense and i think it increases the resources too.

yea to get more upgrades you have to have a certain ammount of squads of units. i havent played the game since BETA dawn of war so dont quote me on this.

though in dawn of war those chaos terminator things were invincible.... and the orc war boss could handle like 2 of the other races boss units at once.... and it wasnt even the strongest orc unit

Best answers
You guys misunderstood me. I never said the units/storyline is copied. I said the types of games, the name. I don't care if "Crusade," is a popular name... if you can't see that there's something a little fishy about that you need to stop thinking like a fanboy.
Like I said I know Warhammer pen and paper came out far before Warcraft did. If anything, Blizzard probably used designs for their orcs from the orks of Warhammer. But thats beside the point, Warcraft is now far more popular than Warhammer, and I'm seeing way too many similarities in DoW's gameplay and ideas for future games. I'll download DoW again and give it another shot with the expansions and all. And no, I'm not downloading it because I don't like it, I do it because I'm a cheap bastard.

Zero said:
to get resources in this game there are little points that you build a structure on. then it spawns resources, and you can upgrade that structure into a tower that increases its defense and i think it increases the resources too.
Sounds a lot like a gold mine to me.

This'll be my last post in this thread, I don't mean to ruffle feathers, really. But I thought I would say what I thought about the series since it was brought up. Take it or leave it. Or completly ignore it, I don't care.

Best answers
You guys misunderstood me. I never said the units/storyline is copied.
I remember a unit that were almost exactly like Lurkers from SC... and they were named similair too.
I don't care if "Crusade," is a popular name...
its not that its a popular name, its a heavily religious word, and many of hte warhammer races are very steeped in religion(even the orks worship gods, the brutal god of cunning, and the cunning god of brutality!). It fits very well in the warhammer world

If anything, Blizzard probably used designs for their orcs from the orks of Warhammer.
i'm NOT entirely sure if this is true or not, but i've heard that warcraft was originally supposed to be warhammer, but mythic decided they didn't like it and dropped it and it turned into the warcraft we know and love today. like i said i just heard it, not sure if its true.

I said the types of games
while most of the games haven't been very huge or popular warhammer has had MANY games over the years, thye've been coming out for quite a while, and there have been strategy warhammer games for the pc for a long time, this is just another one, not really copying warcraft.

I'm seeing way too many similarities in DoW's gameplay
please explain, these are 2 of the most dissimilar strategy games i've seen they share almost nothing in common. i'm honestly asking here i'm not trying to be sarcastic here, i would like to know what you think is similar, i just don't see it.

Sounds a lot like a gold mine to me.
cept they are all over the place, can be captured and held, increase the area you can build in, don't need workers mining it, and are used to clear fog of war. they also never run out.

anyway, i can't wait to get my hands on some flash gitz, show all those lousy 'umies 'an fish heads what shootings all about!

-confused- doesnt make much sense to samuel.
alright heres how it works, you know how everyone gets requisiton and energy as their resources right? the orcs also get an orky pop/waaaghh resource, many things require you to have a certain amount of orky pop to build them(this resource is a measure of all the orcs you have). for example you can't use the mad dok unit unless you have a certain number of orks.

Best answers
hmmmm i sorta get it now....mmm... thanks for the clear up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was fun, but the bots weren't pushing. And so, it was far too easy to win, since Fire Warriors can kick ass in groups.

Too bad you couldn't use all the units though ;(

Best answers
The first battle i didn't really need fire warriors to win, 2 stealth units, +1 fully upgraded commander+snare traps= owned anything lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow after those videos... i wish my computer didnt suck

do you need both expansions for those units?

like does the newest one require that winter whatever expansion too?

Best answers
You can buy both games because it was released in a gold edition for 30 bucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, I was hoping to play as the Necrons. Stupid T'au.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 question, do the Tau have those gatling gun... plasma bullet things?

cus those are dope...

ok so i can buy the gold and the latest expansion?

Best answers
I just recently bought warhammer getting ready for dark crusade, and i am enjoying the storyline, however i am enjoying persistent bodies more haha, persistent bodies ftw!

I can't wait for darkcrusade, =D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awww your playing against a noob eldar player.

cool screen though.

Best answers
Actually it is a singleplay mission, that pic just happens to be the 1 outpost he sent multiple eldar infantry at me, the tanks were moving to the end of the level, while the turrets mowed them down.

However in the other part of the minimap i was being assaulted by tanks and robots -_-. Lost alot of units.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DoW can be intense sometimes, dont be surprised if you find your hands sweating after a game.

Best answers
what are min sys reqs? i wanna play the game but i dont know how much i will lag....i know i will lag ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom