Davidskiwans Sprite Pack, beta

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]
[/align]

DAVIDSKIWANS SPRITE PACK BETA - click me to download - Danke to DJ ready, and teh rest of the ESF-World team for the hosting =]

Right this includes the following updates to spites;

- New Explosions - Edited the way the old ones were, made them more bubbly and more manga-esque (new word), also includes new smoke sprites
- Edited the way the old ones were, made them more bubbly and more manga-esque (new word), also includes new smoke sprites
- Changed the Crosshair sprite to a much less obstructive view
- Power up sprite more manga-esque (credits to Ashur, his powerup aura gave me the inspiration =])​

[align=right]
[/align]

Things to come in next release:

- New hud
- Update explosions, crosshair, and powerup a little :p
- Scouter Edits

Thats all i think, i dont think many of the attacks need any changing but if u want to request something in particular, lemme know =].

Credits to:-

Esf team - for the awesome mod, and the base sprites
Ashur - for powerup ideas
Akira Toriyama - For all the inspiration he's given me.

Remember....

[align=center]
[/align]

;o

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice! Haven't had any new sprite explosions, looking forward to downloading them :yes:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
danke for the hosting =0 muchious apprieciated ^_^

oh and... i just like this this screen:

[align=center]
[/align]

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
hah, cool cool ... added that screen aswell XD

jp

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice sprite pack, I really like it. :)

cool screenie btw, hehe. :]

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=0 danke jp, i'd like to ask sprite artists here, how do i get the aura to be white in the middle with buu and cell >_>? also is there anyway of having the hud so its slightly see through? just wondering =]

Busy Busy Busy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The aura colors are controlled in code.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i see =\ i guess i cant change that then >_<

Anyhows, i need some help from spriters, im trying to get this new hud to work, but i cant get rid of the grey aroud the bars (like blue red and green named 640kiline.spr and so on) how do i do this? im fairly new to spriting so all help is appreciated =]

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i never thought that you will start this simple spriting ^^ but i saw a few ppl since i havnt sprited along time ago wich skills havnt been that good like yours ;) gj!

Best answers
Mastasurf said:
The aura colors are controlled in code.
Actually, there are different skins on aurabend.mdl for the different auras, so you should be able to change them.

Best answers
The edges of the explosions look.. dunno raw.. it's like you can see now that it's an actual sprite..
(for example, the spirit bomb explosion doesn't look like in the screen.. )
i really like the color and look of the new explosions, but the overal look of the old ones was better..

Work on the edges and they will rock.. :laff:

Best answers
:O Woot i gave somebody inpiration :D

Any way.. explosion look nice But OMFG!!! Its not animated.... ... Power up needs work.... I still like evms croshair.....

I cloud do that for you... Animate it a bit and ... make a flare afect.... DAM YOU!!! I Got Finaly fully inspired to start spriting and sounding :D Ofcoes if you want :smile: No credit for me or anything :smile:

Either way practise :p

Best answers
Ashur said:
Any way.. explosion look nice But OMFG!!! Its not animated..
Yeah, that's it.. they just stretch and return to small size again..
Don't.. "grow" (? ) like the originals..
Fix that and it will be ace.. :)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=0 teh originals werent animated >_<.

Anyhows thankies for teh advice, i'll be updating it soon, i can tell what people mean about edges, i wasnt sure how bad it was, but as some are concerned, im gonna try to neaten it up. The powerup sprite has been changed a little, but i dunno how much i can change without it looking crap =\... i have added to it though.

he're's the hud atm, i took the colour scheme of the main esf site, but i might change the colours of the bars, especially if people agree. I dunno if i can be arsed to have to copy and paste a border around every frame of every attack sprite in the hud, isnt
there an easier way >_>? if people could let me know i'd much appreciate it =].

anyways, keep teh crits comming =]

Busy Busy Busy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
Actually, there are different skins on aurabend.mdl for the different auras, so you should be able to change them.
Wait, Davidskiwan, are you talking about the power up, or the turbo aura?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
the powerup not the turbo aura...i dont think i'll be changing the turbo aura at all

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE NEW HUD :'( i need input

Best answers
Well it looks to pain.. reminds or paint job.... The numbers are normal... Buuut... There is that big but... Its to pain try to make em like there silindered ... maybe bit darker at eages or something.... For ref or what i mean.... Look at this one http://esf-world.com/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=21164 It the one i am curentl using.... See how the bars are not just pain and how the back round isent to? No? o_O Figure it out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom