Darktooth's Creation

Best answers
errr....yipes ^^;

anyway,the new aura stuff is going to be in B1.2?? too bad....I wanted to have that in B1.1,but I guess we can wait,because 1.2 is just a melee patch :)

But good work on the video :) looks real good,I mean cnmon,more DBZ-ish auras!!Yipee!!

Best answers
I love the look. The lightning seems a little too overpowered for anything less than SSJ3, though I guess Goku's non-SSJ aura at the end of DBZ (in the fight with Ubuu) was pretty wild.

Just a few questions for the curious:
Is the lightning an integral (i.e. not removable) part of the effect?
Can it be scaled to reflect powerlevel?
Can the lightning be a different color than the aura (i.e. blue lightning, yellow aura)?

Don't get me wrong, please, I can't wait to see that in action again. I'm just wondering how far you can push it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Well, in the earlier versions we though it wouldnt be... In alpha 1.5 the aura wasnt attached to the player, it just kinda "followed" him around. Remember how the aura use to get stuck on objects and stuff? The aura in beta 1.0 was attached by a skeleton so it would follow the player around, and beta 1.2's aura is semi-attached to the skeleton, but has its own set of bones so it can animate.

i know about the stuck aura.... had a special stealth thing about it...

to the lightning:

in the beginning of the halflife singleplayer episode u see lightning at the dimension shifter...

how about doing this lightning? i think that lightning looks better. more lightning like.

about the current lightning, it is a bit too big... how about makin it smaller

Best answers
alass a flowing aura lol very sweet indeed
i dont really like the lightning vry much i no its experimental, but could the lightning be made as a sprite?

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Well, in the earlier versions we though it wouldnt be... In alpha 1.5 the aura wasnt attached to the player, it just kinda "followed" him around. Remember how the aura use to get stuck on objects and stuff? The aura in beta 1.0 was attached by a skeleton so it would follow the player around, and beta 1.2's aura is semi-attached to the skeleton, but has its own set of bones so it can animate.
You got to love a game(like HL) that can be edited so many damn ways. You can just keep messing with it till you get what you want. Sometimes you see newbs asking "why are you using the half-life engine it sucks" Well, this whole thread is a perfect example why...

Best answers
Originally posted by eddie
You got to love a game(like HL) that can be edited so many damn ways. You can just keep messing with it till you get what you want. Sometimes you see newbs asking "why are you using the half-life engine it sucks" Well, this whole thread is a perfect example why...
every game can be editable like hl or even more, you only need the sdk (software development kit) of a game.

just look what games are out there with the q3 engine. or think about mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom