Dark messiah the retail version.

Best answers
I finally got it, as it ran in the demo you go through the tutorial learning all the motions+moves how to use spells etc, after that you speak to your mentor and he sends you to stonehelm where it immediately jumps into the action by knocking you off horseback, the music is omg awesome it really made tingles go down my spine, and the running away from the cyclops as it tossed chunks of things through buildings causing parts to collapse was just insane.

I haven't got to far into the game yet due to not feeling to well, but i will keep you updated.

Best answers
Post some screenys. I saw that game on tv and it looks bad ass. I'm thinking about getting it soon. This is the game Dark Messiah something somthing and spells something right? Dark Messiah spell something I dont remember the title but it looks pretty sweet. It's an MMO too right?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to buy it on Steam later this week, i've been waiting for it for a while now.

Best answers
Bad side about screens they disabled alt tab and the windows key lol, however.

I have found a few things that made the game way better imo.

1: You can forge your own weapon, and i don't just mean 2 items tada there it is, i mean literally forge it, you smelt the metal down into smoldering liquid, then pour it into a mold, cool it off with water, take the blade and place it in the fire, then take it out and hit it with a smiths hammer.

2: The rope bow, ok a little warning about the rope bow, DO NOT JUMP ON THE ROPE TILL THE ROPE STOPS SWINGING! This i find out on accident as the rope seems to pass through walls and will take you with it. However once you find this bow finding secret places takes a whole new turn trust me.

3: They said you might have armor changes etc, they were right i have found 3 different armors so far, the skill system is based on your progression through the game as well not just kills, so if you have a option objective like on the temple it is to kill the cyclops, kill it as it will net you extra skill points!

The game is awesome i will do my best to post screens up.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been hearing that the game is buggy. You experiencing any of that?

Best answers
Only bug iv encountered is getting stuck in some spots but other then that nope none at all. Well i did see in a custscene i left the area for a moment and the guy that just died was standing up, but little things like that don't bother me, i got 2 screens for you guys.

Meet the pao kai! Yes you have to kill it, and yes it is bigger then it looks.

Anyone for hamlet?

This one shows a cool part of the story and my new lightning daggers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Messiah has got to be the best looking & most interactive RPG I've ever seen. People talk about Oblivion like it's the greatest RPG in the world... but I tried it, and honestly, I found it grueling and couldn't stand the way they designed their character models - the animation looked horrid. All negative aside, the game was very large & offered a fair amount of interactive elements. In any case... I played the demo of Dark Messiah like 6 times through - I loved it. My PC barely ran the demo, though, so I won't be purchasing the game until I upgrade my PC or buy a new one. NeLo downloaded through Steam and mentioned to me he had severe graphic & audio issues. Ouch, doesn't sound good.

Best answers
The game is highly and i mean highly dependant on the physics it got so famous for.

A example, i was trodding along through a level and came upon a orc shack as shown in the hamlet pic, but when i took a step the shack began to crack from my weight, however across the room was a set of armor, naturally as a idiot i walked over and it split in half i fell to my death.

I tried many many things to get this armor including, jumping over and jumping back <-- didn't work, sprinting <-- didn't work, i hung a rope with the rope bow right above the armor, problem is the shack fell with it and me along with it, i roped a part right before the shack falling but i couldn't get the armor it was to far, finally i had a idea, i went upstairs and roped the ledge outside of the window and got the armor from the outside in.

Later on after the shack when you are going up you jump on a rope and you start to hear a creaking sound, i looked up and saw dust falling down, it was the board cracking!

There haven't been any graphical problems iv seen so far, the game has ran nice and smoothe.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Is this the game made from Ubisoft? It's online too right?

Best answers
Yes and yes.

So far the story in dark messiah is just unreal, and some of the fights are over the top a example you get stuck in a tomb looking for the skull of shadows and it is literally infested with undead, kill 1 another comes out of the ground, problem is if you are ontop of them when they come out they grab your feet and hold you there to get poisoned/slapped. I was running through a watery corridor and they did this to me, there were about 17 in total, not to mention the background sounds make you literally feel like you are closed in and trapped it is awesome.

This is a spoiler so if you don't want to know some of the story please don't read/look at the picture ahead.

Sareth finds the skull of shadows, incased is his father a demon lord that was sealed away by the 7th dragon, when sareth finds the skull of shadows he is brought into a little dreamscape where his father commands him to shatter the skull releasing him, i forgot to mention due to not wanting to spoil anything, that fenrig sent a little demon with you, she travels inside you and it would be wise of you to listen to her sometimes, anyways after the dreamscape arantir the so called "Evil wizard" takes the skull and lifts you up with a spell saying he does this for all of ashar, then you are thrown backward you hear a metal sound sareth looks down and he is impaled upon a large spike. Later you wake up and the demon inside of you said she ressurected you one way or another and you now have demon powers!

Best answers
Come on with the spoilers Mogwai, .. I bought this game, I'm pretty far I'd say. It's pretty fun, you kinda fight a lot of the same enemies though.. but the gameplay is pretty cool. Only problem I have is sometimes it doesn't keep me on my toes, but sometimes it REALLY DOES and that gets props, big time. The ONLY problem I have with this game, is... I specced my character pretty ***. I think everyone does though.. oh well. It's a fun game indeeeed.

Best answers
Yeah i found out later that they want you to go down 1 line fire, not multiple lines, found so many weapons and so many things i can't use lol.

I did however craft a new sword that catches things on fire lol, it is a nice little weapon, knock something down impale it and it catches on fire =D.

Best answers
Game is suprisingly short, but finding all the hidden rooms etc puts more time into it, as to find some youhave to think quite a bit, as i said the rope bow adds alot to the game.

Best answers

What would a rpg be without a giant worm?

I am stuck now, i am in chapter 8 and cannot find how to get down to the spiders lair -_-, kind of frustrating but ill figure it out eventually.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did not know you could pick up someone with your magic like that (just saw a trailer), I WANT THAT GAME!, imagine the sadistic things you could pull of with such a power! o/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just bought and am downloading the game right now.

Anyway, some reviews came in.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929360.asp

Edit: Lmao, wow. Mogwai, that last pic is awesome man.

On a completely unrelated note, I just found out that Valve is working on a feature for Steam that allows you to have your saved games linked to your account. Essentially, you go over a friends house and want to play a Steam game, you can simply download it and you'll also download all of your saved games. What an awesome idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom