D3D Question

Best answers
Ok i have a small question about d3d. Normally I use opengl but its not always very stable for me. Sometimes i get an error saying nvopengl.dll has cause an error in cstrike.exe then half life closes and i have to reboot before i can run it again. But when i switch to direct3d the textures from explosions(the black burnt spots, bullet holes in cs, etc.) dont show up at all. I dont no if anyone else has this problem or if its a problem with my computer. but if anyone knows how to fix this that would be cool if you could help. I have a 700mhz amd duron, 64mb geforce 4 ti 4200, 128 mb of ram, and a soundblaster PCI 512, and im running directX 9.

Best answers
yeah i have the latest drivers from nvidia, version 44.03. Also uncase anyone else was wondering im running windows ME.

Best answers
I have heard alot of people say that the older opengl drivers work much better but i forgot what version most people say works the best. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My personal advice would be to return CS to the store and buy HL, CS has been known to have more problems than HL.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had this same problem, it is drawing the decasl but its drwaing them behind what its supposed to you hafta edit a file (i forget which one) and they will show up,

Best answers
Sierra Sonic said:
My personal advice would be to return CS to the store and buy HL, CS has been known to have more problems than HL.
Ya that's what i would suggest because i had a similar problem. Either that or ur vid card doesnt really mix with ur other cpu parts. That or try reinstalling it. That is all i can say.

Best answers
ok thanks guys maybe ill get the original HL game sometime but i cant take cs back ive had it for so long and I dont have a receipt so ill just have to buy half life which is cool with me its not too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom