D20 Dragonball Z RPG

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For anyone who cares, I was wondering if you would be interested in a Dragonball Z RPG rule set based on the D20 system.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
What is D20? Sorry, just another stupid newbie.. :D

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D20 is a pen and paper roleplaying game system that the 3rd edition of Dungeons and Dragons is based on. The rules are quite malleable, and I've been writing Wuxia "cable kung fu" rules for it. I figured that DBZ was the ultimate Shaw brothers Kung Fu flick, so taking the rules that far wouldn't be hard. But so far it's got underwhelming support. :)

Best answers
if i knew how to play D20, I'd galdly play with you, as I love RPG's.

However, its unlikely that you'd get too many people playing, let alone commited ones. If you can get some peeps playing, AIM me at SaiyaJinPrince64. You could teach me real quick how to play, and it will be cool!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I get support going, the game will be done over ICQ chat. It will be easier to run the game there. I'm only looking for a couple of players, but if anyone want's to DM their own game, they can use the rules.

D20 is actually quite easy to learn. I learned the new D&D rules in about 2 days (thats all of the rules folks) and learned enough to play in only 2 hours. Being taught has advantges though, and I've seen new players pick up enough to play in only 10 minutes.

I'll post more later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not hard to make any rule set for d20.... also there are tons of dbz d20 rpgs already out there....

Retired
Best answers
there should be a game like Final Fantasy about DBZ. (yes i know a SNES game like that, but i want a cool looking nice 3d and **** :))

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Hey, I'll give it a shot.

Just gotta teach me how to play..shouldn't take long for that.

Just let me know sometime

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, here is the deal.

Option 1: The game will NOT be set during the DBZ timeline. You won't be able to interact with the DBZ characters, you will be able to introduce new Saiyans, all capable of going SSJ, with hard work and lucky rolls. You will be able to play as any race that we can make allowable by the rules. If this is in the future you might be able to interact with the offspring of the characters.

Option 2: The game takes place during the DBZ saga begining with the Saiyan saga. You will be there for the arrival of Radditz. This option could change the DBZ history significantly. And there won't be other saiyans than the ones established. Plausible exceptions may be accepted on a case by case basis. (This story will not support the Human revolution :))

My ICQ# is 142289822. Once again, I will not support AIM for this game, ICQ's chat agent will work better IMHO. The game will be easy to learn and I will do the rolling for all the characters (to prevent cheating). I would like original characters, it will be more fun. I'll post more later.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I've always wanted to play a pen-and-paper rpg/mmorpg like that. Ya know..it takes place in the dbz universe, but has nothing to do with the events of the show.

All new characters..all new events.

It'll be grand!

Best answers
I am interested, whats the qute, ah yes "it'll be a grand old time!"

count me in i definatly wanna play:)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just get on ICQ I'll auth you. If you don't have ICQ, get it here.

I talked to Chimpbot last night and came up with some more news. There will be a website where we can post character art and bio's as well as win/loss records. The game will take place in the past. Before the Saiyan race destroyed there home world. If you want to make up a race you can. Just describe it to me before play so I can write rules. If you have questions just ICQ, Email or PM me. Thanks for the interest Daniel. :)

Best answers
um cumcumba why didnt u authorise me???? i authorised you:S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom