Cvars for Clientside/FPV - Eyecandy/Auras

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't get put off by the thread name, i'm not going to even try to be technical.

I've noticed how people have been saying about certain moves (Galick Gun, i'm looking at you) are impossible to aim with because of the massive vision obscurity you get from the charging aura. So what i'm suggesting is a list of cvars (clientside variables) to remove auras in places. I think this would be useful for everyone, especially those with lower-end graphics cards who want to drop the eyecandy to keep the framerates smooth.

cv_fpvfx 1/0 - Turns on/off charging auras for the player such as the gallitgun charging aura...the final flash charging aura, you get it. Note that the sphere of energy would still form in the chargers hands because it's a seperate sprite, but this doesn't effect vision so I don't think it's a problem.

cv_allfx 1/0 - Turns on/off charging auras for all players on a server (clientside) to save framerates.

cv_swooptrails 1/0 - Turns on/off the dust and water spray effects from 1.1 that most of us know and love. If you're running ESF with a modern gfx card then you, like me, would probably want these back.

cv_basictrans 1/0 - This would activate/remove the laggy eyecandy that some characters transformations create.

Crits? Comments?

Anymore ideas for cvars, stick them here :yes:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_allowtrans 0 / 1

Setting it to 0 would dissable transformations, 1 would enable them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom