Cure for cancer, maybe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds pretty cool. Getting the particles to the cancer cells is the problem, as always.
But if they manage to pull it off, GG cancer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As always, when a potential cure comes I will hope that it pulls through to the end. Having lost an grandaunt and a grandfather to cancer, I know it can be a *****. I sincerely hope this is successful.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First a cure to Alzheimer's, now a potential cure to cancer. This is a good month.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They need to figure out how to get these nano materials to seek out and attach onto cancer cells and only cancer cells. If they can do that, things will be looking good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I call shinanigans. Guys with no background in science or medicine make "machines" like this and claim they cured whatever all the time. Chemotherapy works almost same way but heating up and destroying cancer cells using almost the same method. But with this you need this other nanobot to attach itself.. but if you had a nanorobot who can stop a cancer cell from attaching to something else then we would of already cured cancer right there since cancer can't just spread with out infecting other cells.

Call me skeptical but I'll believe it when I see it. Which I probably wont.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I call shinanigans. Guys with no background in science or medicine make "machines" like this and claim they cured whatever all the time. Chemotherapy works almost same way but heating up and destroying cancer cells using almost the same method. But with this you need this other nanobot to attach itself.. but if you had a nanorobot who can stop a cancer cell from attaching to something else then we would of already cured cancer right there since cancer can't just spread with out infecting other cells.

It's not really about nanobots, but about nanoparticles. Small difference.
However transporting these to cancer cells is still a problem. If we manage to
transport molecules only to cancer cells, we don't need all taht fance microwavy stuff anyways,
we could apply chemotherapy in much higher doses only at cancer cells, making it more effective (or other medicaments).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

If you read the article, you'll see that it already works on localized cancer cells within animals. It is no longer a matter of whether or not this guy is a quack or if his idea is feasible. Now the question is whether or not they can target cancer cells that have spread to other parts of the body, and whether they can get it to work on humans. He hasn't claimed to cure anything, and neither are the doctors that are working with him. They're saying this is a possible cure, and right now it's looking promising.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the article, you'll see that it already works on localized cancer cells within animals. It is no longer a matter of whether or not this guy is a quack or if his idea is feasible. Now the question is whether or not they can target cancer cells that have spread to other parts of the body, and whether they can get it to work on humans. He hasn't claimed to cure anything, and neither are the doctors that are working with him. They're saying this is a possible cure, and right now it's looking promising.
Hey don't get me wrong if works then hi5s and nobels all around. But on the same hand it's hard to get excited about something other people have claimed to do but never delivered on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom