• CS 1.6 is way better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CS 1.6 i would say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
You can still shoot through every object/wall except tons/moveable objects.
Walling is still possible but only on very specific surfaces. It is NOT like it was in 1.6.

EX:
Using an AK I went to Aztec, first box from T side, bulletproof. It was not in 1.6. Ledge on the T side going down into the water, bulletproof. Pillars past the double doors, bulletproof. Crates on the path parallel to the bridge, bulletproof. Bombsite crates, bulletproof. These were all valid wall shots in 1.6 but they are gone now. I could go on and list all the spots that were valid in 1.6 and now are not, but it's really unnessecary. Walling is not like it was, my comparison is correct.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only gripe with Source is that walking near other characters sometimes makes the game a little skippy for me. But it may be an isolated incident relating to the engine on my machine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
CS:Source is for noobs who cant play 1.6. see 1.6 actually takes skill. Source is WAY to easy. The only reason I like Source is because of the graphics and how everything is interactive. But all in all 1.6 is better cause it actually requires skill.

PS: THERE ARE TOO MANY NOOBS ON SOURCE!
Some of the others complaints were legit, but this is just not true.. Source is much more difficult than 1.6. You can't spray anymore, you have to take aim, becuase the recoil is much greater. In 1.6, as Pain said.... you can run, strafe, shoot, bake a cake, and write a paper, and pull off headshots pretty consistently.

1.6 is different, but the differences are all pretty subtle, some will disagree, but when I play and I'm into it, I don't notice much of a difference.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Counter Strike source head shots are easier, I just spray my FAMAS about and blow off a head or two.

Needs more models, and the grenades suck for the most part.

Otherwise thoguh CS: S rules!

--
EDIT
--
There are actually less annoying noobs on CS: S. You can't download it, so the immature 12 year olds can't get it as easy. I actually noticed this alot after playing CS 1.6 then going to CS: S. the community is slightly more enjoyable.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS 1.6 since I can't play HL2/Source anything. Also, a lot of ppl I know say it sucks aside from hilarious death anims.

-Karrde-

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually after putting some time into play some source I started to like it more than 1.6

Best answers
i think they probably made headshots etc harder to do by aiming (not talking spraying here) to dumb it down a bit for casual players....which is who they make the most of their cash of off. I mean some people are so unbefrickinleavable at cs that you put them in a public server.....and theyre killing 5 - 9 people per round, which can be pretty discouraging (i barely played 1.6 for that very reason) and though its not very fair, it does make some sense buisness wise.

MMORPGs have experienced the same thing where most games greatly rewarded the player with 16-30+ hours a week to spend in the game. Now look at WoW where its possible to just play for a few levels and still have a ton of fun, its popularity is ginourmous.

Thats just a theory though....theres alot of counter arguments granted (cs was the most popular online game in its old form as well, but maybe theyre just trying to find an even bigger market). Maybe itll all get patched out, we shall see.

edit: lol i think source is easier for casual gamers to get kills anyways....i just spray and people die...and my aiming is pretty much crap all the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, I used to be able to take down 6-9 people in 90% of the servers I used to go to in 1.6. Now, I usually only get away with 1-3 kills, unless the people in the server suck REALLY bad. The recoil is greater in source, therefore aiming is harder... end of story. You can't really argue with that. Don't beleive me? make a demo of the ak sparying in 1.6 and compare it to a demo with source, I've done it.

Best answers
ahh k, personally im the opposite...but maybe i just like the feel of source better? Im not sure, i find it easier to get kills though.

I always assumed the complaining on the cs boards was due to the fact noobs were getting kills.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Phat, the spray patterns are still very much alike. I think rate of fire and actual hit registration has changed though.

I did as you suggested and you can see for yourself :

Using an AK on de_dust standing straight from the stairway ledge, firing full auto and not moving the mouse at all. They are almost identical, you can't deny that.

So wherein lies the problem? Source is more noob friendly. Pro's are getting pissed off that noobs can kill them easier, noobs are happy that they can actually get some kills. Where is the bigger market? Well, I think we've already covered that. So Phat, that is why you do better in 1.6. You are a better than average player I'm assuming. Now in Source every noob can spray in your direction and pop your head clean off.

I'm not a fan of uber noob friendly myself, but a lot of people love it. *looks at poll*

Best answers
well you have to factor iin the prettyness of source too......some competative players may love the game just for the graphics. And i find too that really good players still dominate pub servers

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pain said:
Walling is still possible but only on very specific surfaces. It is NOT like it was in 1.6.

EX:
Using an AK I went to Aztec, first box from T side, bulletproof. It was not in 1.6. Ledge on the T side going down into the water, bulletproof. Pillars past the double doors, bulletproof. Crates on the path parallel to the bridge, bulletproof. Bombsite crates, bulletproof. These were all valid wall shots in 1.6 but they are gone now. I could go on and list all the spots that were valid in 1.6 and now are not, but it's really unnessecary. Walling is not like it was, my comparison is correct.
Just tried, I could wallbang....>_> I suggest you aim better next time.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually sometimes when I spray with my famas and AK I kick ass o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Just tried, I could wallbang....>_> I suggest you aim better next time.
It's not a question of aim. Naturally you can't aim at anything if you don't see the target. All you can do is guess and estimate.

Fact aside, you were either skimming the corners of those boxes, using an AWP or Para (I haven't these this yet), or you are just flat out lying. Please feel free to post a demo if you actually can do it. All I know is, I had two people shooting me through each object I listed and nothing hit me. There weren't even bullet holes on the opposite wall, where there would have been if the bullets had gone through.

There was even a thread on the Steam forums about how "walling needs to return" and that bullets don't travel through certain textures. I heard something about bullets only travel through one brush thickness, not sure if that's correct but it sounds about right.

I'm not saying it's not possible to shoot through anything anymore. I'm just saying it's very selective and not like it was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Actually Phat, the spray patterns are still very much alike. I think rate of fire and actual hit registration has changed though.

I did as you suggested and you can see for yourself :

Using an AK on de_dust standing straight from the stairway ledge, firing full auto and not moving the mouse at all. They are almost identical, you can't deny that.

So wherein lies the problem? Source is more noob friendly. Pro's are getting pissed off that noobs can kill them easier, noobs are happy that they can actually get some kills. Where is the bigger market? Well, I think we've already covered that. So Phat, that is why you do better in 1.6. You are a better than average player I'm assuming. Now in Source every noob can spray in your direction and pop your head clean off.

I'm not a fan of uber noob friendly myself, but a lot of people love it. *looks at poll*
I guess I stand corrected, Allthough when I compared the two on my computer, it seemed that source spread more. I never took screenshots though, I was just being ****y :). Still though, It's not the fact that I die more often it's the fact that I can't hit as much as I used to. Even if the spread is the same, it still is a lot harder for me to make shots like I used to. You can't say that the guns feel the same way they did before, pretty much everyone I paly with agrees that something is different. If it's not the spread it's something else. It might just have to do with the hitboxes and/or the size ratio compared to 1.6. Pain is right about the wall's though. I'm pretty sure you can't shoot through most of the walls in aztec, becuase I usually never get hits through walls there anymore. Even when I'm point blank and spraying through those stone walls.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pain said:
It's not a question of aim. Naturally you can't aim at anything if you don't see the target. All you can do is guess and estimate.

Fact aside, you were either skimming the corners of those boxes, using an AWP or Para (I haven't these this yet), or you are just flat out lying. Please feel free to post a demo if you actually can do it. All I know is, I had two people shooting me through each object I listed and nothing hit me. There weren't even bullet holes on the opposite wall, where there would have been if the bullets had gone through.

There was even a thread on the Steam forums about how "walling needs to return" and that bullets don't travel through certain textures. I heard something about bullets only travel through one brush thickness, not sure if that's correct but it sounds about right.

I'm not saying it's not possible to shoot through anything anymore. I'm just saying it's very selective and not like it was.
Also in 1.6 you will not get bullet holes on the other side if the distant or object is too big >_>, so thats not it.

I suggest you take a friend and find out yourself.(As I did the same over my lan)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Yeah dude, see your point, but the guys shooting at you might have been using cheesier weapons that didn't go through. I'm no CS pro by any stretch of the imagination but I imagine that what with the physics engine and all certain weapons would expectedly have less penetrating power.

That being said, I've only died through boxes on de_dust, in the underpass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Also in 1.6 you will not get bullet holes on the other side if the distant or object is too big >_>, so thats not it.

I suggest you take a friend and find out yourself.(As I did the same over my lan)
That's exactly what I did. With the results I've already stated.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah dude, see your point, but the guys shooting at you might have been using cheesier weapons that didn't go through. I'm no CS pro by any stretch of the imagination but I imagine that what with the physics engine and all certain weapons would expectedly have less penetrating power.

That being said, I've only died through boxes on de_dust, in the underpass.
I'm just doing a comparison from 1.6. My friends were using the same weapons that would have went through in 1.6 (M4a1 and AK). I didn't get a scratch on me. The dust boxes may be different, I haven't tried them yet.

I'm basically just testing out the mass of the boxes, not the corners. Bullets will travel if you shoot on a corner, but that's different from 1.6 and so a comparison pops up.

Here is another one I did :

I placed a barrel into position behind a box --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel1.jpg

I shot at the barrel --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel2.jpg

Making sure I didn't miss --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel3.jpg

Ok the barrel didn't move, maybe the AK is weaker than it was. Let's bring out the cannon --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/awpbarrel1.jpg

Three shots later and it still hasn't moved --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/awpbarrel2.jpg

When I did the same thing, except on a corner it did move, and Devion, you were right, bullet holes don't show up if the wall is too far away.

Phatslugga said:
Even if the spread is the same, it still is a lot harder for me to make shots like I used to. You can't say that the guns feel the same way they did before, pretty much everyone I paly with agrees that something is different. If it's not the spread it's something else. It might just have to do with the hitboxes and/or the size ratio compared to 1.6.
Yea, I feel it too. It can't be the actual recoil patterns but something is definitley screwing up my game. Lag, hitboxes, netcode, hit registration, I don't know what it might be, but yea, something is definitely very different.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pain said:
That's exactly what I did. With the results I've already stated.

I'm just doing a comparison from 1.6. My friends were using the same weapons that would have went through in 1.6 (M4a1 and AK). I didn't get a scratch on me. The dust boxes may be different, I haven't tried them yet.

I'm basically just testing out the mass of the boxes, not the corners. Bullets will travel if you shoot on a corner, but that's different from 1.6 and so a comparison pops up.

Here is another one I did :

I placed a barrel into position behind a box --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel1.jpg

I shot at the barrel --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel2.jpg

Making sure I didn't miss --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/barrel3.jpg

Ok the barrel didn't move, maybe the AK is weaker than it was. Let's bring out the cannon --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/awpbarrel1.jpg

Three shots later and it still hasn't moved --
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Pain562/awpbarrel2.jpg

When I did the same thing, except on a corner it did move, and Devion, you were right, bullet holes don't show up if the wall is too far away.

Yea, I feel it too. It can't be the actual recoil patterns but something is definitley screwing up my game. Lag, hitboxes, netcode, hit registration, I don't know what it might be, but yea, something is definitely very different.
Wallbanging a object behind wall doesnt work, try it at the wooden gate.(Which you clearly can shoot through >_>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom