• Source i would say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CS 1.6 is way better

• CS 1.6 i would say

• Total voters
Best answers
!.6 isn't enjoyable anymore. I played it for about 4 months, about 8 months prior to Source coming out. And anytime i played it after that, it just was not fun to play. Source is fun for me. 1.6 isn't...that makes all the difference to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like CS source much more than 1.6 but I still think there was nothing wrong with the shield. It was perfectly balanced, you could only use a pistol with it, grenades still damaged you, the knife still damaged you, and when you wore it, you were slower. All you really have to do is wait for them to open it up and take a few shots. It was really easy to get around, but most people just got annoyed by it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could also shoot the legs of someone using it, even if they were crouched =P

Best answers
what the hell are you guys thinking ???
prolly only the cheaters and the shield lamers and people with bad computers like 1.6 better.

but other then that even a monkey will say that cs source looks and plays alot better !

and my honest opinion... cs 1.6 just looks terribly bad. stop sticking in the past. they dont make new games for fun you know. they make games better and more realistic.
and they've done a great job on that with the source engine.

1 great example : the flashbangs make you loose your hearing and grenades make you loose your hearing as well. they dont do that on cs 1.6 ... NOT realistic ;)
and again... it just looks so much better

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, but there's a couple of points if you're going to say that.

only one player model? not as good lol =P

more maps sorely needed - prodigy is awesome though

better animations needed for the models, again something sorely needed - I don't want to be a hunchback forever!

more admin tools!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Source better. I wish they had the good maps in it though, like Siege.....Assault... Militia...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was never a "sheild lamer" I rarely used it becuase it was so frowned upon. however I see the sheild as another AWP, people just don't understand that there are advantages and disadvantages to it. The game can be very tactical, but most people don't want that, most people just want another quake with realistic weapons. Thats not what Counter-strike is about, it's about teamwork. That's the reason why every gameplay mode has two teams,and why there is no deathmatch mode. 1.6 is still great, but source just looks and feels tons better. I do agree though, that it needs some better animations, and some more maps that were in 1.6. Maybe we should send Darktooth and DJ-ready over there to give em a few tips eh?

Best answers
I also used the shield. And the only reason people didn't like it was because it changed things. It made it so that you have to pay a bit more attention, not just aim for head level and spray. Like phatslugga said, It's just another tool in the game, with it's own advantages and disadvantages. You've seen the AWPer who owns an entire team. What's so different when it's with a shield? It "doesn't take skill"?, as i've heard many people say. Bull. There's just as much timing to using the shield as to the awp, people just don't realize that. While an awper is a good central guard, a shield user is a good forward rusher. They take the hits, while teammates kill.

People didn't like the shield because it changed things. People don't like Source because it changes things. That's how it always works.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS:Source is for noobs who cant play 1.6. see 1.6 actually takes skill. Source is WAY to easy. The only reason I like Source is because of the graphics and how everything is interactive. But all in all 1.6 is better cause it actually requires skill.

PS: THERE ARE TOO MANY NOOBS ON SOURCE!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
you could also shoot the legs of someone using it, even if they were crouched =P
I believe thats condition zero you are talking about ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but that's other people - the thread creator was asking what we thought =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only one player model?
Better, no more confusion about teams.

more maps sorely needed - prodigy is awesome though
There's a map pack out on Fileplanet, I believe.

better animations needed for the models, again something sorely needed - I don't want to be a hunchback forever!
They do seem to be animated a lot better in my estimation. The ragdoll alone makes it seem so, at least.

more admin tools!!!!
This, I guess you've got. Though I'm sure there will be some soon enough.<!-- / message -->

Best answers
CS Source is 100 times better then 1.6

Im colorblind, having a whole wack of player models on each team really screwed me for figuring out who was on my team and who wasnt. Only one per team is just awesome.

People are always complaining about the netcode, but i havnt experienced any problems with hitboxes or lag at all.

Only 9 maps is good as well, theres a bunch of new players playin cs now and too many maps is a serious learning curve/intimidation factor.
And no matter what any elitist, competative, condescending jerks say (those players are my own private hate) more players online is better for the game.

My only complaint is that valve has yet to impliment decent hack protections in source, Speed hacks and wall hacks are poppin up quite frequently for me, and its annoying.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like CS Source... My 9800 pro, Runs HL2 like a charm.. Kick up CSS, And its SPRAY IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION, And get a Hs.....

Oh yea.. Also running around and get shot then have sparks fly out of your neck and you collapse like a doll.. Ppl dont suddenly die instantly when shot.. They fall and either bleed to death or die laying down trying to live.. Not just .. nvm...

Oh yea.. I just reminded myself... I dont remember ppl being able to jump up on ppls head's.. When there standing up...OH.. and you cant shoot ppls Forearms and hands....

Best answers
to reply 35,,,,,wow thats weird, im the exact opposite with my 9800....i run CS source all good with settings maxed, but come HL2....let the stuttering begin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is a really weird problem. Everyone I have spoken to has claimed that HL2 is the worse resource hog of the two (meaning HL2 and CS: S ).

As for the whole spray and pray thing, you act as if the other versions of counterstrike involved more than that. Besides--there have been INNUMERABLE times in CS: Source when I have sprayed the general direction of an enemy and not only didn't kill him, but was killed due to my careless waste of ammo and/or lack of aiming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess everyone can chalk it up to their own personal experiences but I've noticed a great many differences between 1.6 and Source. Now the develepors deny the existance of some of these, but it's fairly obvious they are there.

Movement --
1.6 : It seems unrestricted save for jumping.
Source : It seems like you have to shift your weight around when you change directions sometimes.

Recoil --
The developers deny any difference with recoil but I think we all know it's there.
1.6 : Spray is not too effective at long and medium ranges. Burst shots are your best bet.
Source : Say what you will, I can pop a guy in the face at long range consistently with spray, while in motion. It just gets ridiculous sometimes.

Hitboxes --
1.6 : Hitboxes came a tad off the model. Possible to get a headshot when you were aiming slightly above the head.
Source : Seemed that the hitboxes lagged behind the player. Shooting behind where he is would score you a kill (helps with the spray argument).

Weapon delays --
1.6 : Slight pause before you can fire, nothing so bad that it will get you killed.
Source : A slightly longer pause it would seem most of the time. Can get you killed in the middle of an intense firefight.

Grenades --
1.6 : No mass to the grenades, they fly around easily and are easily seen due to a very visible size. Can bounce them around corners pretty far. Flashbangs only blind, no hearing loss. HE grenades cause damage through walls, no hearing loss. Smoke grenades are fairly easy to see through.
Source : They seem heavier and fly on a lower angle. Are far smaller and harder to spot. In fact you can even damage a person by throwing a grenade at them. Harder to throw grenades off of walls. Flashbangs and HE grenades cause hearing loss. HE grenades no longer damage through walls. Smoke grenades are very hard to see through.

Animations --
1.6 : Basic animations for what have you, decent enough. Player models seem to be standing upright. A nice kill animation if you get shot with something powerfull (fly back) or a headshot (fall backward).
Source : Basic animations are just as nice. Player models seem to be hunchbacked. Ragdoll is a definite plus most of the time. Headshots no longer make the player fall backward, powerfull shots no longer push the player back.

Environment --
1.6 : Save for planting the bomb or breaking glass, nothing really going on here.
Source : Canisters, picture frames, computers, planks, etc etc. Very nice interactive environment.

Walling --
1.6 : Can shoot through various walls and objects. An advanced tactic used when you know where someone is but don't have a line of sight.
Source : Bullets no longer travel through anything except a few select things. Not very usefull at all.

Obviously I'm not going to compare graphics because that's what Source is all about. Weapons, maps and models are also moot due to Source having (or going to have) all the same.

Source has a lot of good points, but it also has some bad. Overall gameplay I would say 1.6 still has it over Source. Patches will come, Source will get better and then it will overtake 1.6, but not as it stands now.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forgot being Pushed back by barrels and tires.. And other objects.. Those kinda things get really annoying and get you killed...Oh..And you cant shoot the arms of the models.. Anything past the elbows dont count as hits.. And you are able to jump ALOT higher in source..

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pain said:
I guess everyone can chalk it up to their own personal experiences but I've noticed a great many differences between 1.6 and Source. Now the develepors deny the existance of some of these, but it's fairly obvious they are there.

Movement --
1.6 : It seems unrestricted save for jumping.
Source : It seems like you have to shift your weight around when you change directions sometimes.

Recoil --
The developers deny any difference with recoil but I think we all know it's there.
1.6 : Spray is not too effective at long and medium ranges. Burst shots are your best bet.
Source : Say what you will, I can pop a guy in the face at long range consistently with spray, while in motion. It just gets ridiculous sometimes.

Hitboxes --
1.6 : Hitboxes came a tad off the model. Possible to get a headshot when you were aiming slightly above the head.
Source : Seemed that the hitboxes lagged behind the player. Shooting behind where he is would score you a kill (helps with the spray argument).

Weapon delays --
1.6 : Slight pause before you can fire, nothing so bad that it will get you killed.
Source : A slightly longer pause it would seem most of the time. Can get you killed in the middle of an intense firefight.

Grenades --
1.6 : No mass to the grenades, they fly around easily and are easily seen due to a very visible size. Can bounce them around corners pretty far. Flashbangs only blind, no hearing loss. HE grenades cause damage through walls, no hearing loss. Smoke grenades are fairly easy to see through.
Source : They seem heavier and fly on a lower angle. Are far smaller and harder to spot. In fact you can even damage a person by throwing a grenade at them. Harder to throw grenades off of walls. Flashbangs and HE grenades cause hearing loss. HE grenades no longer damage through walls. Smoke grenades are very hard to see through.

Animations --
1.6 : Basic animations for what have you, decent enough. Player models seem to be standing upright. A nice kill animation if you get shot with something powerfull (fly back) or a headshot (fall backward).
Source : Basic animations are just as nice. Player models seem to be hunchbacked. Ragdoll is a definite plus most of the time. Headshots no longer make the player fall backward, powerfull shots no longer push the player back.

Environment --
1.6 : Save for planting the bomb or breaking glass, nothing really going on here.
Source : Canisters, picture frames, computers, planks, etc etc. Very nice interactive environment.

Walling --
1.6 : Can shoot through various walls and objects. An advanced tactic used when you know where someone is but don't have a line of sight.
Source : Bullets no longer travel through anything except a few select things. Not very usefull at all.

Obviously I'm not going to compare graphics because that's what Source is all about. Weapons, maps and models are also moot due to Source having (or going to have) all the same.

Source has a lot of good points, but it also has some bad. Overall gameplay I would say 1.6 still has it over Source. Patches will come, Source will get better and then it will overtake 1.6, but not as it stands now.
You can still shoot through every object/wall except tons/moveable objects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom