CS:S Beta

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if any of you have heard the news, but Condition Zero owners, and people with that....ATI thingy are being used for the Counter-Strike: Source Beta that's being released....well Today I believe.

As a Condition Zero owner(Yes, It's ALOT better than playing online. I hate CS and what I hate the most is the other players. I only play CZ offline.) I have decided that I should try the beta. As much as I hate Counterstrike, I refuse to pass up this opportunity to try the Source engine. I've been waiting for more than long enough to try the engine to care about what game it is.

Well, anyone else who is eligable and in the beta, I declare this our official thread unless there is another one. And I apologize for my complete lack leetness in my speech patterns and combining that with CS: S.

Best answers
yeah its all preloaded on my machine ready to play just w8ing to play it was meant to be today to play but steam are haveing prob (wats new).
i my self don't play cs as much as i did but still gonna give it ago

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. I myself am only preloading now, since I never did get the chance to put steam on my new notebook until now. My Notebook is more powerful than my old computer and LESS THAN HALF THE SIZE HA HA!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow...redone maps...and..hacks..and...lamers exciting >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT'S THE ENGINE THAT MATTERS! I MUST SEE IT! I MUST SEE IT!........must see it......*falls into dispair*

And do you honestly think the Lamers have hacked a Beta that hasn't even been fully released to the public yet?

Best answers
they hacked the beta that was relesed to cafe but got found out and bannd lmao

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jgeorgeuk said:
they hacked the beta that was relesed to cafe but got found out and bannd lmao

Yea, Besides, It's not like I'm going to buy it when it's released anyway. I just need something to hold me over until HL2 that isn't the mindless destruction of Doom3. Is it so wrong that I don't like Doom3?

Best answers
It's not all that great. The graphics are mediocre and by how the game looks, it should run a lot higher than 30 FPS on my computer, it shouldn't hog as much resources as it does. It's sad that Doom 3 runs better and looks better on my computer than CSS does. I still prefer the regular CS because it's stable.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, alot of people are having diffuclties of playing CS: Source. So, if u guys have a problem, its a delay. Might work tommorow or late tonight. The interfaces are awsome though. I thought i could brief you guys on this...

Delay Reason: Alot of missing files....i mean totaly alot...The Map is bugged for the CS:Z users, and wasn't done preloading the patch..

Weapon Huds as Fonts: Yes..i look through the cs:source folder, and found some very cool weapon huds. Im not gonna release or give it...or I maybe have to pay the price.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A new dawn of CS is coming... head to the hills, we must prepare for the invasion! D:

I've seen some of the videos, and asked a few questions on HL Radio from some of the staff who actually got to play the game at Valve's headquarters. I don't think it'll even be comparable to CS 1.6.

Best answers
yeah iv been waiting to play it ever since i pre-loaded it....5 seconds ago.... but anyway the new engine should look pretty good since its off half life 2

Best answers
im gonna play cs source now =P
in 2 minutes it's all set to go hehe
*edit*
well the game looks nice and all but .... the hud and the font ... omg ><

and btw how can you see your fps ? since i cant get my console open.
i got all settings on max and it runs smooth like silk so i wanna see what kind of fps i got

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm so envious! If only I had condition zero! Oh well, I'd probably barely be able to run the thing on this POS comp anyways. Maybe it's best to savour the moment of my first time playing until I actually have a decent computer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's running absolutly awesome.

ATI users, get the Omega Drivers....the Catalyst drivers are known to have problems. Go here. www.omegadrivers.com

BTW. It at least has a benchmark build in if you don't want to play it.

Best answers
uhm... arthos ?
what are you talking about lol
im running on an ati radeon 9600 xt with the 4.7 catalyst drivers and i have all settings on max and it runs like smooth silk.
plus the omega drivers dont really make a big difference. they will crank your fps up like 2 to 5 ... and you wont get any support from them if you **** your pc up.

Best answers
i just downloaded it tryed running it the screen with the two swat came up then CTD *EDIT*just got it to run by run CS the alt tabing that then start CS : S i did the stress test i had an avrage FPS of CS : S of 52.6 with every thing on high with out anti-alising. that basicly means HL2 will run well on my computer.

Best answers
Well I got the beta and it ownes. One thing I love......DIRECT 3D. Not as easy to make hacks for, so there won't be as many hackers/cheaters. Flashbangs = pwnage. The physics are awesome, ragdoll effects rock, AND NO STUPID SHIELD!!!!

I've seen somepeople running the game at 200+ FPS. I'm lucky to get 30 (my comp sucks). I could see many many good mods on the source engine in the future.

10/10 in my book.

Best answers
200 FPS? Your eyes can't tell the difference between 60 and 4,000. Unless the FPS actually sped up the game, it's not noticeable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They probably had net_graph or something similar on. I'm assuming it's in HL2, I don't know why it wouldn't be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom