Crashing when trying to join half the servers.

Best answers
Im using steam version, and half of the servers I try to join, I crash when the loading bar finishes. Usually one or two servers work on my list of servers that I get, and they are always the same ones that work. All of the servers that crash me are the same ones every time as well. (So I blame it on the servers.) I more then make a mockery of all requirements of steam or anything there is, so my machine can handle it. I searched all the posts about crashing, and even renamed the line of text in the one file to hl.dll, but when I do that, the only thing that starts to happen is then I can't even create a server without it crashing. When its called bot, instead of hl.dll, the only difference is I can make my own server to fight bots. Ive reinstalled over and over, and even in different places. I have brand new drivers up to date, Direct X 9.0B, and ive formatted the computer a few times, with the same problems. Anyone know anything else I can do to try to fix this, or does everyone crash trying to join most of the servers? Here are two links to a picture of the problem:

Please note these URL's do not work as Hyperlinks, you have to highlight them and place them into your web bar and hit go (or whatever button you use)
http://www.zippyimages.com/files/52801/error.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/cenaxkikia/error.jpg

EDIT: 24 bit textures has been turned off from the start. My FX is low. The reason has to be something related to the fact its only happening on the same servers each time.

Best answers
yeah, I had the same problem... just uncheck the 24 bit textures in the Option>Advanced menu... it worked for me since my computer is terrible... and if that doesn't work, then low fx quality is your best bet. :]

Best answers
24 bit textures has been turned off from the start. My FX is low. The reason has to be something related to the fact its only happening on the same servers each time.

Best answers
onobi said:

have u noticed that esf 1.2 crashes a lot????? well I HAVE!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So glad its not just me crashing. As long as I know everyone else has the problems and as the reply to that post said its being fixed, I feel very good about it. I might just play on won till patch when everything is doing well. Looking forward to it.

Best answers
Bleh, my post got moved to help, which is like the trash can since it always has 0 viewers :p

Best answers
I have had this problem as well... It will crash on most servers.. and if it does not crash it will freeze me in one spot with what looks like 40 auras spawned around me and I cant move an inch... I know a few others with this same problem not sure whats up.

Best answers
SAME! Some servers spawn me in a bunch of auras, but its not our problem, thats a server issue, im 100% sure since I saw 8 people stuck there :)

Best answers
I am exteremly glad this isnt only happening to me. So everyone has this problem..... any solutions?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
never had this problem
just play on the non crashig ones or create your own server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom