Crashes

Best answers
I don't know if this is because I have a crapy computer or what, but when I play ESF, the game crashes when I do certain things, like use Goku's Spirit Bomb, the game closes out, and try to host an internet game i get an error, something about "writing", and the game closes out, but not when i play LAN. However, if I uninstall the game and re-install it, I can play it once and play on GameSpy or host my own game. When I quit, the next time I play it crashes because of the above reasons. Again, I don't know if this is a problem of software on my computer or something in the ESF software, and I'm sorry if I'm reporting something you've already heard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm ... your first post :)

eh ... this can't be a public bug ... everyone would have reported it already ... I think it's a problem with you PC

du you run he game in software mode ???

Best answers
Yeah, I signed up to figure out what's wrong

I usually run the game without the cd...I guess that's hardware mode? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Best answers
If you play the game in software mode, it plays very crappy and it will crash often. Just play with Direct3D or OpenGL mode if you have a 3D card.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go into your HL menu follow Configuration --> Video --> Video Modes and check if you chose Software mode

If your comp isn't years old and your graficcard hasn't 3D support, choose OpenGL
and try it again ... i hope then it'll work fine ...
Good luck

Best answers
Well, with my luck that would be the problem. My video card is old and on top of that I think it's about ready to quit on me because my computer used to be able to detect some sort of 3D card. Thanks for your help anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this is the problem ...
I didn't test it in software-mode ... I don't know the problems of it

but I've heard of these problems ...

I hope you can play it anydays correctly ...

good luck

Best answers
That was the problem. My friend had the same problem and that fixed it. So I'm borrowing his extra 3D card so I can play. Thanks guys, you've been a big help.

Best answers
Hmmm in this wonderfull age of technoligy, people are still trying software mode?

ESF does not support Software mode, go buy a 3d card, it is a prerequisite!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Eekhoorn
Hmmm in this wonderfull age of technoligy, people are still trying software mode?

ESF does not support Software mode, go buy a 3d card, it is a prerequisite!!!!
eh ... I think GoldenSaiyan and me said this already ... we explained it and commented it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom