crashes

Best answers
Hi all, i'm new to the forums, some people might have seen my play.

I read the FAQ about the crashes, and it didn't help any.

I run OpenGL at 800x600 res.

It crashes whenever it wants.

I have retail CS and it doesnt crash on that or any of the other mods I have, or any other games I have.

My specs are kinda crappy:

AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz
320 mb RAM
GeForce 4 mx440 SE
Direct X 9.0
my drivers are up to date!

also if it means anything, my Vsync is off for best performance in game!

Best answers
Have you tried reinstalling half-life and i'f your pc is overclocked set it back to normal

Best answers
well...i'm not gonna re-install my retail cs because of all the mods i have...

My cs and mods are like 2 gigs!

I can try to re install esf...that might work, if it doesnt i can always wait till next patch, it might help my problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive had the same problem, it crashes for no apparent reason and ive tried evrything but 2 no avail. O well. Our PC's r doomed to crash like this. Thers nothing we can do.*sigh* :cry: :cry: ;/ :cry: :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
random crashes like that are problems on your side. It could be anything from a virus to just a crappy computer. You might want to back up all of your CS crap (mods and the like) and just reformat your computer. What OS are you using? Try XP, it seems to run everything pretty well.

Best answers
well..im not gonna format cause of one mod, and all other games work fine...

It's just this.

I took a break for like 3 days and the crashing level lowered...until i played again, then it just crashed quick!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how did it crash ??? error msg ??? back to windows ??? freezing ???
we can't help you if we can't identify the problem !!!
PS: try redownloading and reinstalling ESF

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I can solve yur prob.

I had that same problem your cpu or gpu is getting to hot then it just freezes.

How do I know? Simple one day I got ticked of and I thought it could be my cpu so I bought myself a massive thermeltake fan and that didn't work either.So then I realy got irratatet I took a fan bigger then my tower!!!! Opend my tower and pur the fan to full at my tower.And that was how I concured it.So it was my gpu.

Now I got a new card. :cool:

and never experienced that prob again. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah just great!! Now it crashes at the "Initializing and Downloading" phase. I got an Athlon XP 1900+,i formatted my Hard Drive, reinstalled Half-Life, the update and ESF 1.1 and the bot pack, and it crashes at that phase of the game. Not just ESF crashes, but my whole PC crashes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooooooooh realy nasty.....
Check in yur bios if you can't in windows if yur tempretures is ok might be that I realy don't know anymore hope you get yur pc tgetha....

And just 4 the record it cant be amd cuz amd is super dooper high quality stuff...(Amd athlon I know...)

-cho

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My average Temperature is abt 54degrees, and is running at 122mHz bcos the thermal compund isnt that powerful at the moment (until i get the Artic stuff ;)), and yeh, I know what u mean abt AMD. I had an Athlon XP 1700+ before I got a better mobo and cpu

Best answers
It hapens exactly the same with me and my PC is an AMD athlon(tm)XP processor ,, 2000+. 1.67GHz and 256 BM of RAM. i´m playing and sudently puf go to the desktop.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well i`m gonna get my spec.

Athlon 2000 xp :)(1,667 ghz)
512 DDR ram
Geforce ti 4800 SE

And esf crashes randomly. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe its just something to do with Athlon XP CPU's not being compatible with Half-Life or something. Also does anyone know how to change the system shortcuts? eg. Ctrl+Alt+Del or Shift+Tab etc

Best answers
i got an amd athlon 2500+
512 DDR ram
creative 3d blaster 5 fx5600 ultra 128 mb
and an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard

i didnt stop crashing till i bought this stuff.
my stuff before was:

amd athlon 1700+
512 DDR ram (slower pci then now)
geforce2 ti gts 64 DDR
jetway something motherboard

did ur pc's get overheated more then once in the past?
if so: then i'd say: get your pc checked. because mine was too, and they found out that my motherboard was damaged because my pc got overheated too much.
Ah just great!! Now it crashes at the "Initializing and Downloading" phase. I got an Athlon XP 1900+,i formatted my Hard Drive, reinstalled Half-Life, the update and ESF 1.1 and the bot pack, and it crashes at that phase of the game. Not just ESF crashes, but my whole PC crashes
i had that too. does it reboot out of itself aswell?
if so. then i really advice you to go see an expert or something o_o

Best answers
I'm having the same crashing problems, i just fly along play for an hour or two and out of the blue CRASH...

my specs are

AMD XP 2400+ (over clocked to a AMD xp 2800+
512ddr pc2700
Radian 9800 pro 256mb
Audigy two
40gig hardrive

I have no idea why this happens, i think its something to do with over clocking but this still happened before i over clocked my cpu

Best answers
i dont think this is something to do with the amd xp cpu's, it doesnt happen with all my other half life mods, and i have alot

Best answers
i dont thinks its the temp to, my average is 40c and i run alot more powerconsuming games than this ,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friend had this problem too, unfortunatly I don't remember what I did to fix it, and by the way KingFlab, don't double, much less TRIPLE post, theres an EDIT button for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom