Crashes, after a hour or so...

Best answers
When I host ESF, it crashes just when things begin to get good. Not immediately, like most others' problems... It just crashes to windows with some Half-life error. It's a different error every time, I can't recall each one. It seems like an eventual buffer overflow, regardless.

Anyone know how to stop this?

As I remember, there was something to put in your shortcut command line to increase... I don't know, some memory buffer or something...

Best answers
what is ur video setting at because if its too low the game will crash

Best answers
Originally posted by goku_2022
what is ur video setting at because if its too low the game will crash
I get that happining to me sometimes to(ill emfasize the word "SOMETIMES"). The game crashes with a warning. My computer doesnt freeze but i have to restart my computer to get back into halflife.

Like he said. If ur running ESF in software video setting. That could be it. Software wont allow ssj for some reason.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it set up to increase my memory buffer and all of that jazz and I still get that crash myself. I'll be playing for around an hour or two and the game will simply... end. No warning, it just resets to desktop and Half Life is no longer running. This seems to happen a little less often since I've turned *down* my video settings but it still happens consistently. I play in OpenGL, so I know it isn't a software mode issue. I didn't have this crash in 1.0 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom