Crash Machine

Best answers
To start with, I first played this at a friends house. It worked fine, and he said that he had no trouble installing it. So, I dled it, and installed it, got the voice sprite error, fixed that, and then, it struck. The dreaded crappy-some-bad-piece-of-software problem.

Whenever I create a lan game(I have the most incredibly bad connection to the internet, so bot play for me :( ), it finishes setting up, you know, with all the messages in the conole. It says Build 1600 Server, or something , does nothing for 5 seconds, and then closes.

Somebody PLEASE help me. This game ROCKS!!! :fight:

Best answers
This problem happen more than often when you have video mode "software" ... try to change it to "openGL" or "direct3D" , it should work fine ...

Best answers
The reason why it closes is one thing, HAVE U UPDATED YOUR HALFLIFE, that normally does it.

Best answers
Yup that could be it, otherwise change to a smaller resolution.

Best answers
Okay, I updated it, and it works, but now its laggy.
Not the framerate, but theres a lag between mouse movement and keyboard keys being hit, and the character moving.

Also, I was installing the bots, and a required .dll file was missing. MSVBVM60.dll. It was also missing one of the libraries required to run it.

Also, does anyone know where I can change my CD-Key? I bought my own copy of CS, and I don't want to have to download the upgrade again.(I stupidly deleted the upgrade file :cry: )

Thanks for the help you guys have given me so far.
Please continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom