CPU resources (Non-ESF Related) or lack thereof

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This computer... ...well it has random... issues, on startup. Once in a while when I reboot it my moniter ends up with tons of colored lines through it (from the DOS prompt, so it must be a motherboard issue) until I reboot it again, where it may or may not still have those big lines running through it... and some times when I boot up my "CPU Usage" is already being taxed between 54 and 60% with nothing running! Now I've tried virus scanners and scandisking and turning off different start up programs but without any luck. It's hard to test because it only happens about 1/3rd of the time I boot up the computer, though lately it feels more like 1/2. What the hell? Could this be my motherboard?

Best answers
Can you tell us what operating system you are using?

And another thing, it is best to use the help section for problems with ESF and for other computer problems use http://www.computing.net. You could get help alot faster and better.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes well this isn't the only forum I'm planting this in. I just tend to get answers faster here, surprisingly enough. I'm using XP, but the discoloration of the monitor(s) on reboot happens as soon as DOS comes up.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you oc'ing that GeForce3? This is really odd in conjunction with the other problem you had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom