Courious About Something

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why they would do that when ESF is intended to be a mod for Half-Life 1.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't know if serious or just trolling...
Your joke would have worked... kinda... if the team didn't say countless times that they won't switch to Source engine, which by default means they wouldn't switch to HL3 engine neither.

Discord Member
Best answers
damaera ... the ultimate clueless troll LOL

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Your joke would have worked... kinda... if the team didn't say countless times that they won't switch to Source engine, which by default means they wouldn't switch to HL3 engine neither.
And thats why I said that it was a silly joke. People can change their mind after they see something awesome(which was the base for the joke). I mean lots of people(including me) are waiting to see how AWESOME Half-life 3 will be.

I know they wont change their mind. It would be a pain in the ass for them to start again but they have the option. I mean. esf 1.3 beta was supposed to be the final version but they still upgraded it.

In the end its just a silly joke. And a kinda fail one.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
We'd have to wait even longer then, HELL NO!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And thats why I said that it was a silly joke. People can change their mind after they see something awesome(which was the base for the joke). I mean lots of people(including me) are waiting to see how AWESOME Half-life 3 will be.

I know they wont change their mind. It would be a pain in the ass for them to start again but they have the option. I mean. esf 1.3 beta was supposed to be the final version but they still upgraded it.

In the end its just a silly joke. And a kinda fail one.
Dont confuse the Open Beta with a stable release.

The next Stable release still is the final version.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't know if serious or just trolling...
I'm actually just being a buzzkill. I understand that what you said was a joke, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. ESF is a Half_life 1 mod and it was stated that it would remain on the Half-Life 1 engine when Half-Life 2 came out. If they wanted to move to the Half-Life 2 engine to improve the graphics and other gameplay features, they already would have. Same thing with Half-Life 3, even if the Half-Life 3 code was available, they wouldn't move to it because again, ESF = HL1 mod.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Dont confuse the Open Beta with a stable release.

The next Stable release still is the final version.
I already know that, I m talking about the time when esf 1.3 open beta would be the final version of esf when you guys would fix the bugs. It seems I didn't explain it the right way in the previous post.

I'm actually just being a buzzkill. I understand that what you said was a joke, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. ESF is a Half_life 1 mod and it was stated that it would remain on the Half-Life 1 engine when Half-Life 2 came out. If they wanted to move to the Half-Life 2 engine to improve the graphics and other gameplay features, they already would have. Same thing with Half-Life 3, even if the Half-Life 3 code was available, they wouldn't move to it because again, ESF = HL1 mod.
I already know that too, check the post above Shadi. I explained everything.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already know that, I m talking about the time when esf 1.3 open beta would be the final version of esf when you guys would fix the bugs. It seems I didn't explain it the right way in the previous post.
There never was such a time. The Open Beta is not the full 1.3 Its a beta test build of 1.3, not 1.3 itself.

The only reason we decided to name the next version "Final" was because people were confusing the same thing you are. To make it clear that the Open Beta is not the full release.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
There never was such a time. The Open Beta is not the full 1.3 Its a beta test build of 1.3, not 1.3 itself.

The only reason we decided to name the next version "Final" was because people were confusing the same thing you are. To make it clear that the Open Beta is not the full release.
Hmmmm then I remember wrong about what you said about open beta. Lets solve this, ESF:Final is different than what's was supposed to be when we were at the open beta era, right? Because current models are way different than the open beta's models etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom