Counter-Strike... kills TV Ratings?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frankly i think this guy is a bit of a fool. Revering to counter-strike as some evil being which eats people that watch tv.

"Andy, A Student, Classic Piano, Snobby Posh Boy - AND STILL!!!!! HE PLAYS COUNTER-STRIKE ! OMG NOBODY IS WATCHING TV, LETS END THE WORLD!!!"

Well, thats it in a nutshell

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...why is he a fool? It makes sense to me. Online gaming and forums are *the* reason I only watch about two hours of TV a day, if even that. I bounce around between about half an hour to about three hours a day, but before I got so sucked into gaming it was way up there, must have been five or more hours a day.

Blame counter strike? I don't know about that exactly... I can't play more than an hour and a half of counter strike without going numb, but then again, I usually just switch over to instant messenger for an hour or so, or jump into a game of D2, or TS, or online pool, or whatever. The point is, I never even play single player games anymore. The excitement just isn't there unless it's something epic, like say, Deus Ex 2, or Max Payne 2. Those games I would play through single player because of the story, but for the most part I just play online. You can't tell me it's not addictive.

Best answers
He doesn't really take a positive or negative stance on online gaming. He's just trying to explore the gaming community because he knows it's a subject matter unknown to most of his readers. They probably picked the wrong guy to write the passage though(couple of hundred CS players per server? wtf). He just uses the TV statistics as an introduction into what he's really about to discuss; online gaming and not TV. It's not like he says 'cs is slowing the economy down! If this keeps up we're headed for a recession.'
I kinda like the point he tries to make with the cases of an online community merging together in real life. Blurring the two realities together... who knows what the future brings.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh your gonna start seeing pepsi and coca cola ads in your favorite games if that happens,

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already been done lol. I think it was a well written article for those that aren't gamers. If you read the whole thing he actually almost sticks up for us saying that we are a new culture that people are failing to notice which goes right along with a paper I wrote not to long ago. Thanks for the link

Best answers
"Counter-Strike, by comparison, is purely a product of the Web, and, as such, enables large numbers of individuals (a couple hundred per server) to form teams and play against each other. It's that simple, but the implications are enormous."

A couple Hundred per server? I think not, maybe HLTV, but not CS. A couple hundred per server is more of an MMORPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom