Corrupted Model?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently found this moel taken from a dreamcast game, convrted into a .3ds file, but when I open it, it is very spaced out and is only really able to distinguish itself in wireframe mode. here is a picture (it's acutally sonic's head)

Is there a way to fill in those triangles?

sirken

S
only 1 way i know of, but that really is messed lol, you could try welding it and see if the black turn wite again or seleteing each 1 and reverseing it, it looks as if they tryed to fast to finnsh it and made alot of tri. mistakes, like putting more then 1 on each tri., making if u had 4 polies and u add more then 2 trianges to it in the same plase u can delete some of them and it will strighten out a lil more... try that and post ur results cya

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like lots of backfacing to me.

but to be honest. dont rip models >_> since thats what this is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
looks like lots of backfacing to me.

but to be honest. dont rip models >_> since thats what this is.
I dont see him claiming it to be his. Who cares hes not ripping it to a game and releasing it.

And to the first poster, I really don't think you can just open 3ds max and fill in the missing faces. It would be pointless and you would be way better off just making a new model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ripping isnt just claiming someone elses work as your own y'know. its also a term used for the extraction of just about anything from a source. and if you look either on the back of the game box, or in its manual, you will see something like this:

"X" and the "X" logo's are regestered trademarks of "Z"
FOR HOME USE ONLY. Unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, cable transmission, public performance, distribution or extraction of this product or any trademark or copyright work that forms part fo this product are prohibited. Published by "Z". Developed by "Z". All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective companies.

where "x" is the game title. and "Z" is the company.

now, that being said, you should note the part about extraction ;) it IS classed as ripping to extract what is classed as "Source code" (models count as that), from any copyright or trademark product, which includes videogames.

Before you say "but im only using it for me". it doesnt matter, you didnt buy the game, you bought a limiting licence to use the executable of a piece of software, which enables you to run the software, and enjoy it. nothing more.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen to Almighty!

he is a man of his word<---

p.s. its useless to fix that thing dude,
but if you have time (and if you are a real sonic fan) go and fix it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if he were a true sonic fan he would know that they gooched up super sonic in the new series' cos he isnt a good character. SS is evil, and has funky eyes that change colour :p

but yeah, just make it from scratch. lot less work that way.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
select all of the groups of themodel, weld all the verts and then use the unify tool, (i think thats what its called) it will make all of the faces of the model face the same direction, if that doesnt fix it then yes the model is non importable

besides myself your question got the hell answered out of it, there no more purpose to this thread
/closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom