Copyright Laws

New Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
17
Best answers
0
Guys i was wondering but like ESF has been up for pretty long now and umm like has ESF ever been confirmed by funimation? Did they allow to use their copyright material? Or did they not confirm it and just didnt do anything about it?
 

sub

Active Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
5,960
Best answers
0
Funimation doesn't care about ESF. ESF won't get shutdown, don't worry.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
they consider it an advertisement if anything. dont worry. funi is cool with things like this.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
40
Best answers
0
From what i heard they wern't all that cool about dragonballq or whatever
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
Seeing as the ESF team do not profit from it (aside from donations from the communities goodwill), FUNi can't sue the ESF team. The only legal thing the ESF team is responsible for (to my knowledge) is the free distribution of the SSJ3 Ascension Theme mp3 used in the intro, but Hwoarang got permission from the man, Bruce Faulconer himself, so everything's hunky dory.
 

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
5,341
Best answers
0
Ravendust said:
Seeing as the ESF team do not profit from it (aside from donations from the communities goodwill), FUNi can't sue the ESF team. The only legal thing the ESF team is responsible for (to my knowledge) is the free distribution of the SSJ3 Ascension Theme mp3 used in the intro, but Hwoarang got permission from the man, Bruce Faulconer himself, so everything's hunky dory.
Funny, didn't know Hwo was the sound artist for the ESF team. D:


Anyways, as said before, it's an advertisement for funi if anything, since the ESF team makes no profit whatsoever from the mod.
 
ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
3,618
Best answers
0
we have no intentions to make profit out of it though. its just a really good entry in our portfolios ;)
 
Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
3,125
Best answers
0
Ravendust said:
Seeing as the ESF team do not profit from it
Sigh, that only applies if the copyright infringement falls under fair use. And ESF doesn't exactly fall under fair use now does it?

However, Funi hasn't done anything about it yet, and probably won't.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
17
Best answers
0
why was BFP shutdown than? They didnt profit from the MOD did they?
 

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
5,341
Best answers
0
Well, nobody knows for sure whether or not BFP truly got shut down, as for my personal belief, I just think it's another way of getting lazeh :p
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
9,707
Best answers
0
funi has been informed about esf for a while now and has decided to not take any action towards it
 
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
7,416
Best answers
0
There are two running theories as to why BFP was served a cease and desist. First, Budokai was about to come out, and the graphically superior (at the time) BFP was concidered a threat to Budokai. Second, BFPs team wanted an easy out, and what easier out than pretending that you were "Foxed". I find either one plausable, but if they were served, their service would have been shut down by gamespy, who at the time, hosted their site.
 
New Member
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
DJ-Ready said:
we have no intentions to make profit out of it though. its just a really good entry in our portfolios ;)
Holy crap, I forgot this kind of stuff can go into job applications. Talk about a plus.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
Chakra-X said:
Holy crap, I forgot this kind of stuff can go into job applications. Talk about a plus.
No kidding. Some of you guys are also doing MechMod, arent you? You guys could be doing this stuff for money! How old are the lot of you?
 
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
1,178
Best answers
0
ah, i already know wy funi doesn't pay atantion at this mod(for about a 1/2 year)
it's not wurt the connection, wy shutting this mod down if it dies slowly anyway duel the engine and lesser players.
there is nothing to do about it, it's dieing and no update can fix that.
 
New Member
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
niobe said:
ah, i already know wy funi doesn't pay atantion at this mod(for about a 1/2 year)
it's not wurt the connection, wy shutting this mod down if it dies slowly anyway duel the engine and lesser players.
there is nothing to do about it, it's dieing and no update can fix that.
Niobe from America said:
I really know why funimation hasn't paid attention to this mod for about 1/2 of a year. It's not worth the trouble(?), why shut this mod down if it dies slowly from lack of players and the engine? There is nothing to do about it; it's dieing and no update can fix that.
That's not the reason what-so-ever. You really have a habbit of talking out of your ass, don't you?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top