Converting 1.1 Models to 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, people have been asking me to do this...alot. So i thought i would make a thread. Here it goes:

[Goku is the example]

1. Make a new folder and drop the 1.1 Goku model in it

2. Now take the standard ESF Goky 1.2 model and do the same

3. Open milkshape

4. Go to Tools>Half-Life>Decompile normal HL MDL File... And find the 1.1 model and double click it, it will now decompile. now do the same with the 1.2 model

5. Now that both models are decompile open both model folders

6. Copy the .qc file and all the .smd files from the 1.2 folder exept "goku.smd" and drop them all in the 1.1 folder, overwrite all if it asks you.

7. Now that the .smd files are in the 1.1 folder you are ready to compile.

8. If milkshape is still open go to Tools>Half-Life>Compile QC file

9. Now find your 1.1 folder and double click the QC file thats in there [should be the only visible file in there]

10. it will compile and WALAH! You have converted a 1.1 model to a 1.2 model ^^.

If you have any problems please post them here :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but some skeletons has been altered and edited... what about those?
=p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice. This should be stickyed. :) .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gomm, to save time, why not just copy the 1.1 reference and skins and paste them in the 1.2 folder? D:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wont be cuz its not exactly a complete set of instructions, ad only applies to models that still usethe same skeleton/animation set of the model in the next version,

lets say a gohan model for 1.1 was assigned to a skeleton like gokus, (cuz the gohan skeleton is pretty shabby in comparison and alot of gohan replacements arent kid sized) would screw up when you follow those steps cuz the animations dont fit the skeleton

those steps above really only apply to models that replace certain characaters and still use the same skeleton as the model you are converting, which isnt alot of them,

practically all of my latest esf models, use a modifed esf vegeta skeleton, (the last one was brolly, as he was the last one i put ingame for esf) but there were a few others before it, like all of my eea models, (which is why max hasnt converted them to 1.2 i believe) take my kid buu for example, he would have to do alot of editing to the qc file, to convert that one, and probly a few more animations would need redoing as well,

in an extreme case a complete reassignment would be necessary, its not as simple as like he explained for the majority of the custom esf models out there,

i

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, okay. Thank you for pointing that out. (Now reailizes why I can't convert shijing's/nuttzy's Mr. Satan model.)

Edited because of the point-out by nuttzy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you wanted to use that one like raiko describes youd hafta compile him for vegeta, (btw it was his and mine mr satan, we both worked on it) as it uses the vegeta skeleton i cants ay for sure if the new bones would cause problems or not

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any custom skeleton means you have to animate those anims. just a reminder

Best answers
i dont think it works

because when i use half life model viewer it doesnt show the 1.2 addons

Best answers
it just shows the old ones unless it isnt ment to show the new ones :cry: works 4 every1 cept me

Best answers
I cant do these kind of things because i am an idiot, now that we have gotten that out of the way, i did what you said but it just recompiles the goku from 1.2 and the new animations don’t go into the 1.1 goku. I made a folder called models then i put goku from 1.1 and goku from 1.2 but i renamed that goku2 then i decompiled both then copied all the smd files and the qc files except goku smd the model and the textures, then i compiled the qc in goku 1.1. then when its done it says "writing D:\models\goku2\goku.mdl". so it didn’t work, but this thread really helps so what did i do wrong?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The two models cant be in the same folder, when you decompile it decompiles the model andthe animations, and if you decompile them both in the same folder it will over-write some of the aniamaions and even the model if the model.smds have the same name. So deomcompile them in 2 different folders and then copy all the animations from the 1.2 model folder to 1.1 model folder. then compile the qc in the 1.1 folder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I conver it a few models a few Trunks for 1.2 and NeD's Vegetto I didn't have problems at all.

Best answers
I am an idiot if someone would please get on yahoo or whatever and talk to me step by step how to do this because im doing everything exactly and its not working for me.

Best answers
when I compiled the QC file the model in the 1.1 folder didn't change.it worked when i did it with element4q2's ssj4 goku but when i did it with the normal gt goku it didn't work no change in the model appereared

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom