Constant Crashing

Best answers
Is anyone else having constant crashes, always within five minutes of starting a game? I am. Yes, I have the 1.2.1 patch installed. I have a new computer with premium dsl. It has nothing to do with the way I installed it. It is very aggrivating!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The installer you have is infected with a trojan. Thats why your game crashes.

Or, if you had bothered to use the search function, you would have realized it is a bug in 1.2.1 and will be fixed in 1.2.2.

Best answers
I just scanned the installer files for both the beta 1.2 and for 1.2.1 patch and neither of them have any viruses. And I don't see a search function.

Best answers
Dude, I told you that there is nothing wrong with my computer!

Nonetheless:
Windowz XP, 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, 3000+ AMD Athlon XP processor, 512 MB RAM, and an excellent cable internet that I pay $60 a month for. I got this PC in August, only two months after it was made. You could say it's right off the shelf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Noober said:
Windowz XP, 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, 3000+ AMD Athlon XP processor, 512 MB RAM, and an excellent cable internet that I pay $60 a month for. I got this PC in August, only two months after it was made. You could say it's right off the shelf.
Wow.. Much better than mine >.<
Zeonix said:
The installer you have is infected with a trojan. Thats why your game crashes.
I dont think that's it. It happended to me although I have Norton Firewall+AntiVirus. It happens even in WON.
By the way the search button is in the line where you see:
User CP
FAQ
Members List
Calendar
Search
Quick Links
Log Out

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GJ Genius. If you read Zeonix's entire post, you would know 2 things.

1. He was being sarcastic.

and 2. he posted this afterward:
Zeonix said:
Or, if you had bothered to use the search function, you would have realized it is a bug in 1.2.1 and will be fixed in 1.2.2.
This is known as the crashing bug, everyone gets it. It's already knowng, and there is a search button at the top of the page. clearly written on this search button is "Search" if you click on it you can type in key words to find threads about the problem you are having to answer a question you have so you don't have to make more threads about the same subject.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
there is a search button at the top of the page. clearly written on this search button is "Search"
Right... What did I say?:S
Anyway I saw he said its a bug but that's why I never said that.
You have been right about one thing, I didn't realize he was being sarcastic :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Noober said:
Is anyone else having constant crashes, always within five minutes of starting a game? I am. Yes, I have the 1.2.1 patch installed. I have a new computer with premium dsl. It has nothing to do with the way I installed it. It is very aggrivating!
have you tried to create your own server ?
just try once to create your server with no other players and keep it running without doing anything

it it's still crashing I can't help you ... this would sound like a hardware problem

if it's crashing when you fully charge a destructodisc (krillin) or regenerate with buu, then try to set you sound options lower (deactivate all extended sound options (there're still enough who have them activated even if they don't know whether their soundcard supports it or not))

how does it crash ? do you get an error message ?
does it close HL instantly (goes back to windows) ?
does it freeze ?
do you get a connection problem (client only) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom