Console

Best answers
I must have the worst look ever.
You might have hear that i had sound problems, well now i got another problem.
My problem is that whenever those spam pop ups come up i have to close them then bring task manager up an all that to get my sound back. Well sometimes when i come back into the came it brings up the console and i have no way of getting back in.
I would appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try pop up killers or anti-ad killers, google.com - although I've never had to use these.

As for the console, if you are not able to get back to the game and see a console all over your screen, you probably ping timed out, and you can rejoin by typing "retry" in the console and pressing enter, although you will then start from scratch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are they the Messenger Service windows?
I had problems with them for a long time, and recently found the way to disable the Messenger Service that allows them to be delivered to you.
If that's what you're getting, I can show you how to disable it.

Best answers
yeah thats exactly what i am getting could you please tell me how to disable them. Thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I can, this isn't a chat room it so it can take awhile for a response.
Anyway, click on the Start Menu. Then click Control Panel and make sure it's on Category View.
Then click Performance and Maintenance.
Click on Administrative Tools, then Services.
A big list of local services will appear. Scroll through it until you find Messenger, not to be confused with any Instant Messengers, this is the Messenger Service that people are using to send you those annoying popups.
Click on the Stop this service link, then double click on Messenger and change the Startup Type to Disabled.
It says some programs may depend on sending messages through this service, but I have not had any problems in disabling it.
If for some reason things start going wrong on your computer, you might want to enable it again.
That should do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom