Console Wars!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have never seen or played the gamecube....

but the xbox has good gfx, but very poor games i think.

I like the ps2 since its got all the good games

ff10

zoe

street fighter ex3

mgs2

need i go on?

Best answers
Yeah the graphics on the ps2 are good BUT the only reason they have more units sold is because they came out before the rest and about half the units sold are defective. i've had to replace mine 4 times already. and the graphics on the GC are superior. Look at super smash brothers melee and Resident Evil. they both rank up there with ffx and mgs2

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ps2 is a more powerfull console then the xbox, if u look at the specs

ps2 is only at 40% of its full power right now, only problem is, it's too hard for developpers to use more of itspower, because it's just a tough machine to develop games for. They made the same mistake nintendo made with its n64. The console itsselve is a bit too big if u ask me. Almost as big as a video recorder. And the controller aint too good. But it has very much games, so if u have a lot of money it will be igreat (or u burn them) . I think the ps2 will survive because it was the first one of those three (no dreamcast) and it has huge fanbase.

Xbox will eventually win I guess, well.. not the xbox but microsoft, with all the money they have. they have the best controller of the three, and some nice gamesbut they haven't really proven there selves, it's hard to tell if they will make quallity games all the time. Besides IMO its very big, takes too much space. And it is expensive.

The gamecube is my favorite. Nintendo learned from their mistakes (with n64) and created a great machine, it's easy to make games for it (developpers favorite) they will have very much games , it's a powerfull machine, small, and last but not least the games will be good, nintendo always created good games with great gameplay. And they will go on with that with the cube

grtz Nz-

Best answers
Ok guys thanks for the opinions but may i correct some of your 'facts' First off, The post b4 this The X-Box Is alot better then the PS2 AND Game Cube, on Paper Its stats over power by FAR but game play sucks. I dont see why people think Halo is good, Its (My opinion) a rip of half-Life (not ver good) Also I think it was Hibiki who said the console stats well i dont no for USA etc etc but let me tell you the stats for the UK,

GameCube sold 75,000 in the first weekend! Playstation 2 Sold 70,000 in the first weekend, and x-box strugled to get 48,000 in the first WEEK!

Personally, here are my cons etc abou the consoles.

GAMECUBE
Good Things - Controller fits your hand like a glove
- Cheap Price
- Nice Games Coming
- Sweet Case size (its all mini)

Bad Things - No DVD (Unless import)

X-Box
Good Things - There are?
- DVD Option

Bad Things - Expensive
- Hard Drive
- No Good Games! (Except the Snow boarding Game)
- Controller Sucks! Way too Big
- Console its self is the size of my fridge
- Owner (Bill Gates...)

PLAYSTATION 2
Good Things - Amazing Games - GTA3, MGS2 etc etc
- Not Bad Looking Case
- DVD Option

Bad Things - Feels too much like a PSX (My Opinion)
- Bit Bulky
- Expensive (For Bums like me! lol)

Theres my Opinions! Also may i just tell you, I havent got a GCube, suX-Box or a PiS2 (lol) I have Played all of them though the PS2 Rules for GTA3 (Fav Game!) and the GCube is Amazing (2 me) I luv SSBM and SA2B!!! I also realy like the Snowboard game for the X-Box! (Dont no what its called) But may i say, that i have a space saved on my shelf for the GCube :D and im saving up fo Phantasy Star On-Line, Which i hope WILL wipe GTA3 Away!

as Akira has already told me, Ps2 Have Already won the console war's, i will say... They may have won the war, but they have not won the battle!!! :tired: ...

No Wait its the other way round right...??? lol!

The End of my Gr8 Adventures!!!

From (Console Boy!) Guru San'jess!!!

Best answers
hey guru the gamecube will have a dvd option. it will sit on it. It plugs into the bottom along with the broadband adaptor(modem for slower ppl) can't wait for Phantasy star online to come out too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's bigger than my VCR. And along with that, it's controller is also huge and Id say not as comfortable as PS2s or GCN's. And the games for xbox seem to be of a racing or sports nature.- quote evil_trunks

Don't worry when you hit puberty your hand will be big enough to handle the ultimate system! I have a little annoying 4th grade midget neighbor and the controler fits him fine!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
will everone stop saying how good the x****s grafics are...

GRAFICS DONT MAKE A GAME GOOD!!!!

**** i can remember when people would pay loads of cash for pong... classic case of gameplay being more important than grafics...

i mean we all go ooo look at the fancy grafics but when u sit down and play 99% of all xbox games u get dissapointed on how stupid the game is.. u mean yeah the grafics are good but theres just no real fun to be had there....

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Guru_San
Ok guys thanks for the opinions but may i correct some of your 'facts' First off, The post b4 this The X-Box Is alot better then the PS2 AND Game Cube, on Paper Its stats over power by FAR but game play sucks.
dude when I say that a ps2 is more powerfull then a x-box, I know what I'm talking about

We've all sene the specs table, everything of the xbox SEEMS 2 times as powerfull as the ps2, but when u actually take the specs and calculate them out, u'll c what I mean

For the XBOX : 233MHz x 4pixels = 0,932 Gp/s

For the PS2 : 150MHz x 16pixels = 2,4 Gp/s

XBOX : (0,932Gpixels/s) / (32pixels/polygoon) = 29Mpoly/s

PS2 : (2,4Gpixels/s) / (32pixels/polygoon) = 75Mpoly/s

Yes I'm talking about facts here not opinions. there is a lot more, and if u REALLY want to know it, I might translate it for ya.... but sorry not at 1:30 am

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
QUESTION? ..........why the hell does it matter how big the system is? i mean do you pick it up and carry it around with you or what? put it on teh floor for crying out lound :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to put it simply ps2 can have more polys on the screen than an xbox...

its just that no developer has used this for the ps2 yet so u havent seen better looking games yet...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
will everone stop saying how good the x****s grafics are...

GRAFICS DONT MAKE A GAME GOOD!!!!

**** i can remember when people would pay loads of cash for pong... classic case of gameplay being more important than grafics...

i mean we all go ooo look at the fancy grafics but when u sit down and play 99% of all xbox games u get dissapointed on how stupid the game is.. u mean yeah the grafics are good but theres just no real fun to be had there....

lol thats like saying you like esf 1 .5 better then the beta its all grafics :S

........thats also like saying you like software mode rather then open gl

i dont like racing games for the ps1 because of the grafics if you play a n64 racing game its 10X better then a ps one ..................................the ps1 racing game hurts my eyes............:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but the grafics were good at the time...

and i didnt say grafics had nothing to do with a game.. yes grafics help a game but its not the driving factor in buying a game...

Best answers
the x-box is better but sony and nintendo already have reputations in consoles so no-one trused mircosoft!

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
to put it simply ps2 can have more polys on the screen than an xbox...

its just that no developer has used this for the ps2 yet so u havent seen better looking games yet...
yes that, and a lot more, all because of the ****ty clockspeed of the xbox.

and, it's not only not used it's for the developper almost impossible to create 100% games... It would take far more energy and time to create the games then it brings up

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Why is this argument of opinions still going on?

I don't see why it is..maybe that's because I own all three systems, and can look at them objectivley.

Oh, I belive it was FM that said the size of the console doesn't matter.
Believe me, it does.
When you have limited space to place these things, size DOES matter
I LOVE my gamecube for that, its so tiny.
Then I look at my XBox....it's the freakin' Lincoln Towncar of the console world....the thing is such a boat..

As for pure power...
I couldn't care less, again, because I have all 3.
The XBox has shown better graphics than the other 2, so as far as I'm concerned, it's more powerful.
I don't care about your calculations...if they haven't used the PS2's full potential, then it technically doesn' exist.
If they don't use it, then it's not worth anything.
The Type-S controller is nice and small..so NOBODY should complain about the XBox controller again...its slightly larger than a ps2 controller and a whole lot more comfortable..although I didn't mind the original controller too much.

Overall....all 3 systems are fine and dandy.
I like them all.

So..it's time for you guys to stop moaning and complaining and actually try out all 3 extensivley.
Once you do that, THEN you can give an opinion.
If you haven't, you can kindly shut up.

Have a nice day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think mircosoft is going way overboard on the whole consol thing...

i mean i dont have a problem with the xbox... ive got a problem with why it is... i mean all the xbox is is mircosoft spending money to force even more people to use there crap.. i mean they already force 90% of all people to use windows..

and its not like any of the 3rd party software people went to them and wanted to put there games on there console no microsoft basicly bribed them into doing it..

i personaly think that the xbox is just there to make people waste money...

Best answers
guru_san...microsoft isnt ownd by billgates and the hardrive makes it go faster and you dont have to buy 40 euro (35dollar) memory cards

ultrassj_vegeta

U
PS2!!! IT IS WICKED!!! x box graphs ain that diff.... and i like the ps2 trademark games.... mgs2!! but xbox gettin substance as well.... i dun like the xbox controller... controls are really important coz its wat plays the game..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom