Commands

Best answers
Ok, I'm kinda new to this dedicated server thing. I'm having a problem with console commands. In my listen server, all I had to do was type the command, and it worked, such as, mp_plcatchup 0. But now with my dedicated server, I have to type "rcon" before every command for it to work, even AMX commands. If I type mp_plcatchup 0 in console, "unknown command" will come up. But if I type, rcon mp_plcatchup 0, it works. And some commands don't even work anymore, such as plugin commands. I installed AMX and the plugins to the dedicated server folder, so wth?! amx_slay is an "unknown command", rcon amx_slay works though. And it says the server name slayed him, lol. What's up with this?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another method of accessing your dedicated server remotely is also using cmd commands. Type "cmdlist" in the console without the quotation marks for a list of cmd commands.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you create a dedicated server, you are just another player unless specifically told so (edit the config files to make yourself admin)

so you could minimize and use the console given by the dedicated server. Rcon shows that your admin though. Rcon stands for Remote Console, so ya.

basically, rcon = the pass to become server admin and gain control of the server.

Best answers
Ok, so how do I add myself so I can use the commands? Please explain step by step, I've been trying everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom