combos for 1.2

Best answers
ok seeing as the new 1.2 will have combos already put in as part of the melle...i was wondering if i will still be able to link combos in some way like i do now...i know ive worked hard to learn some of my combos....and they work very well...i would hate to have that all go to waste...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What joe had in mind while coding in the new melee is to make a brand new system, thus making the old methods obsolete.

As of now, you can still do a normal combo with the secondary fire (simple melee) just like in 1.1, but I don't think you can go above 2 hits. And why would you want to do that anyway, you've got a wide range of much more powerful and interesting combos to experiment with using primary attack (the advanced melee).

Best answers
no, the melee system of 1.1 will still be in 1.2 but it will just do less damage
so you can switch between old melee and the new melee(=advanced melee)

edit: oh groovy was faster :(

Best answers
I still don't see the point in having both. Get rid of the old system I say...

Best answers
Well i think it would be interesting to hit somebody with old melee then boost after them and start the new melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you'll like the new melee so much you'll forget about combos :p

*Looks at grOOvy's sig*

No hot girl, the world is going to end :scared:

-Edit-

Ah, there's the girl :D! So the world won't end anymore :p.

-Edit-

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The old melee was interesting, and sure you've worked hard at learning it, but remember that at this point, it's hard for new people to compete. People get owned so badly by current tricks that they don't even have a chance to get better and it's very frustrating. I mean coming wup with all of these teleport moves and swooping past people and doing a 180 to hit them, I mean c'mon, I don't think thats what the team really had in mind at the beggining.

-Karrde-

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
I still don't see the point in having both. Get rid of the old system I say...
Although the advanced melee is so much better than the old system. It is still nice once in a while to just fly up and smash someone real quick just like 1.1.

I think it's nice to have both system implemented.

Best answers
yes...i think we should have it like the old system...but if both but like...u have a button for stun...and another for normal punch...u can choose to stun em and then pull a advanced mellee combo...or u can just smack em away...and instead of the head on swoops happening..with howing and everything...u could just have a mellee PS...and whoever wins the PS gets to pull the kool combo(loser is stuned)...also plz put back on the target so that on multiplayer gamnes people dont get confused...cuz i know when i trying to play someone 1 vs 1 in a server with like 9 people...i loose where he is..which gets annoying..so target has saved me multiple times..also u could have it set as permenant..so nomatter what attack u switch to u can still target the guy...and to turn it on and off..u simply press a target key...for on and off..

Best answers
although I say out with the old and in with the new. kARRDE has a good point we did spend lots of time learning this system and should keep it. And im sure the esf team is working on smoothing out the old system so it gets rid of all those bugs, which leets like to call tricks.

Best answers
i still think my idea would be better then what is implimented...because its so different..that it wouldnt be as fun...if we have both then there is a new twist to it...we can melle or stun...pull off a combo.....or pull off a linking combo...tele behind him and smak him to the ground....or tele behind him and stun him...then pull off a sweet combo.....u would be able to do so much...it would make it awsome...and that way everyones work isnt put to waste...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
i still think my idea would be better then what is implimented...because its so different..that it wouldnt be as fun...if we have both then there is a new twist to it...we can melle or stun...pull off a combo.....or pull off a linking combo...tele behind him and smak him to the ground....or tele behind him and stun him...then pull off a sweet combo.....u would be able to do so much...it would make it awsome...and that way everyones work isnt put to waste...
Somebody doesn't like change :p. Who says it won't be as fun. To me it looks more fun, no more going around in circles for hours waiting for a hit. No more KI based head-ons. *cremes*.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No my point was that you spent time learning it and now you should learn something new ;P Current melee is inaccesible to most players, thats the main problem. We should all be n00bs now. Thats how it should be.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you will use the new melee alot more often then the old one ... but i think its good to have both systems in since its still fun to blow someone away with the old melee ... but its dumb to complain about it if you havent actually played it :p
KarrdeKNR said:
We should all be n00bs now. Thats how it should be.
yeah ... thats fair for new players ^_^
*/me goes to practice 1.2*

Best answers
i don't like the old system, it's crude and too simple. i think that the new system is gonna be a lot more complex and fun, just keep the charging tho, otherwise it's gonna be slow as hell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The other guy said it wouldn't be as fun. Which is like impossible, there is like nowhere to go but up from the current system, press and hold :p.

Best answers
People don't like the current melee system because all it is, is swoop, hit, recharge, then start the process over again until your opponent, or yourself dies. That’s way to simple to be a complete melee system, but just because this form is way to simple to be a complete form of melee doesn’t mean it’s way to simple to be incorporated into a bigger and better melee system. Considering the team is expanding the melee system in beta 1.2, it will insure that the game will not be based on swooping around in a huge circle trying to hit your opponent. In the show, there were times when someone would throw a incredibly strong punch sending his enemy flying, and hell, I’ve even seen a few combos (as in 1.1 melee combos) where someone would hit there opponent up, then appear above him as he was flying up and hit him back down to the ground. There should be some form of beta 1.1 melee in 1.2, it would just make sense. It would keep the people that love beta 1.1 happy (like me) and the people that hate it happy since it won’t be based on swooping around in one huge circle.

-Archer

Best answers
If the old melee is still in the game, then wont people who have allready mastered it still own? So what if it does less damage. Theyll be able to stay out of an advanced melee batters and still own on everyone.

Best answers
I like the idea of having both. However, my only real concern is how 1.2 melee is executed. I mean if you could continueally hit someone with 1.1 melee before they could ever begin to execute 1.2 than it negates itself. On that same note, if someone launches themselves at you to perform 1.1 melee and then some n00b get scared and jumps right into advanced then it would almost have to negate the previous move. Hmm... seems like i'm getting ahead of myself. Chances are these are all problems the team is dealing with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no theres differnt effects for using sertain melee moves to combat another

1.1 does not dominate anything and is a waste to use all the time because u wont ever kill anyone and u wont hit people as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom