Colaberate with other talented modders.

Best answers
Hey, i've heard that ESF is officially going to throw in the towell after 1.3, so i was thinking that they get someone else to continue the legacy. I dont know if you guys have heard of ECX, but they've recently released their RC1 and i gotta say, it is fantastic. In the time its taken the ESF team to develop TWO characters, they've added, along with full transformations and fusions, at least a dozen. Just an idea, if the ESF team hasnt already, they should really thinking about colaberating with these guys

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, you act like they mod the ECX by themselves completely.

The ESF team has to completely code the thing and work out the bugs. ECX on the other hand, just takes that code and changes it using amxx.

HEres an exmaple in art:

Say someone has a contest to make the same drawing the fastest.

Person 1 (ESF Team) starts with a blank sheet of paper and has to draw and color entire thing.

Person 2 (ECX team) starts with an already drawn drawing and just has to color.

Best answers
you cant compere drawing to coding... the ecx team done agreat work and the are working fast... iam also think that both team shuld be one big tream...

Best answers
Lol, you act like they mod the ECX by themselves completely.

The ESF team has to completely code the thing and work out the bugs. ECX on the other hand, just takes that code and changes it using amxx.

HEres an exmaple in art:

Say someone has a contest to make the same drawing the fastest.

Person 1 (ESF Team) starts with a blank sheet of paper and has to draw and color entire thing.

Person 2 (ECX team) starts with an already drawn drawing and just has to color.
I do understand that Kaination,
which is why if ESF team teamed up with ECX, things would be a lot better for everyone

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do understand that Kaination,
which is why if ESF team teamed up with ECX, things would be a lot better for everyone
Sorry but acording to the team. The source code will not be released. So if anyone would want to continue their work they will have to work with the released alpha source.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they released alpha's code.
It could be possible after couple of years when 1.3 has been released, that they'd release either / or both 1.1, 1.2 .

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WEll when we in BTL asked for the beta code the reply was that there wont be a beta code release if i remember correctly.

In any case Harsens or Joe should be able to anwser all the code release questions.

Best answers
In the time its taken the ESF team to develop TWO characters, they've added, along with full transformations and fusions, at least a dozen.

lol ur not understanding,
The esf team are actually developping and coding in more characters, with all new moves and beams etc,
ecx are not coding in more characters, theyre taking the ESF characters as it is, changing their models, and beam sprites and strengths around.. Take ssj2 gohan for example, that is esf's ssj vegeta, ssj2 gohans big kamehameha blast is actually ssj vegetas final flash attack just editted around.

Best answers
lol ur not understanding,
The esf team are actually developping and coding in more characters, with all new moves and beams etc,
ecx are not coding in more characters, theyre taking the ESF characters as it is, changing their models, and beam sprites and strengths around.. Take ssj2 gohan for example, that is esf's ssj vegeta, ssj2 gohans big kamehameha blast is actually ssj vegetas final flash attack just editted around.
Seconded. Even the Armour Goku.
And most characters are somewhat easily detectable edits. The Goku and Vegeta characters have blueish explosions even in ssj and beyond, indicating that they could be edits of krillin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ESF team actually codes the characters into the game. If I am correct, the ECX team just takes that coding, duplicates and modifies it to suit their new character in AMX. Stuff like that could be done in minutes, while actually coding in a character can takes hours if not days. And that's just coding, you will also need to iron out the bugs. I think if both teams would work together, progress would actually become slower. A bigger team does not automatically mean a quicker team.

Best answers
Yeah the coding methods differ. So will the opinions. While the ECX team is more bothered about keeping everyone happy, the ESf team is concentrating in keeping the game good and in maintaining balance, something that could eventually get lost in the process of adding characters like brolly, Gogeta, Gotenks and Vegito. I don't say ECX sucks. I love it and I love ESF. But I say that the teams are and should be different.
But we have got to hand it to the ECX team for being the only addon team that's lasted this long. To come out with a second release, let alone a first! They've earned the respect they have. But an addon will remain an addon and a mod will remain a mod.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we're all overlooking something here - ECX isn't on par with the stuff the ESF Team does. In ECX, the characters aren't balanced and it has a feature which breaks the game (telesense). I don't know about you, but I personally wouldn't trust ESF in the hands of the guys who made EVM.

In any case, sometimes it's good to just let things die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom