Codeing N000b here, flames r welcome

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, I want to do a text advence game (u know u the old one that ruled) but i would like to know how, i have darkBASIC demo but thats it, if anyone chould tell me whats the best coeing and coder to use for JUST text advence games (i dont need 3dness :p) and some links to show how do u commands, thanks ppl!

Best answers
Tepus... if you ever figure it out... I'd love to play one of your games... so just gimme a holla, cause those games used to rule

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should try visual basic
i think it´s the simplest solution for your problem(and i can help you a bit, we use it at school)

Best answers
save your breath and just forget now....

YAY

SPAM!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hiro
save your breath and just forget now....

YAY

SPAM!
you, back, acgt, now! points to the door

ok i will try useing that vistal basic stuff, and someone give me info on how or where i can get it, and any tuts i can find for it, ttthhhannkk you:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you don´t buy the newest version (5 should do it) it shouldn´t be too expensive.
and the other possibility is well known...

Best answers
All right here it goes tup. Learn c++ and do a dos program. All it does is run down in the code. You dont need classes or anything. All you have to do is something like ****.

Code:
cout << "You found a cat feed it to the dog or kick it?\n";
cout << "1 - feed\n 2 - kick\n";
cin >> a;
while(a == 1 || a == 2)
{
if (a == 1)
{
cout << "The dog says mmmmmm now lets walk\n";
cout << "1 - left\n 2 - right\n";
cin >> a;
//another if goes here...
}
else if( a == 2)
{
 cout << "the cat flies into a river and you see something shinny\n";
cout << "1 - pick it up\n 2 - leave it\n";
cin >> a;
//another if goes here
}
}
Hope that helps...and please dont try to acctualy compile this code I did it really fast just as an example.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, i got VB6 from somewhere that may be called kaaza and installed it, its VERY completx, i will just have to learn it abit by abit

Best answers
ok, i haver two things to say:

1.Tepus, are u looking to make a DOS text game? if so, go with C, that ****s ez. WIndows? Go with VB, that ****s even easier. To make a text game, u wont need to use 80% of the buttons in WHatever compilere u have.

2.FM, your replys are always pointless. Text games suck? thats an opinion, and we dont want to know about it. SO keep your negative comments to yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well all fm ever does is spam so deal with it or get a mod to finaly do something about his constant spamming!!! >_<

anyway i love text games they rox0r

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zero-X
ok, i haver two things to say:

1.Tepus, are u looking to make a DOS text game? if so, go with C, that ****s ez. WIndows? Go with VB, that ****s even easier. To make a text game, u wont need to use 80% of the buttons in WHatever compilere u have.

2.FM, your replys are always pointless. Text games suck? thats an opinion, and we dont want to know about it. SO keep your negative comments to yourself.
yea im just looking to make a simple text game, so i dont need ANYTHING like textures or 3d codeing and stuff

Best answers
Wtf this is a forum where ideas and opionions flow freely. I dont agree with you guys closing some of my threads(mainly because they are in the "Off-topic" section where things dont need to be "on-topic") but I'm not going to cry about it. If you cant deal with what people say just f|_|cking skip it. People are people and should be heard just cause you( 1 of meny people in this forum) dont want to see what somebody else has to say doesnt mean others dont.

Sorry about that anyways I would stick with C++ even in windows. VB is one of the ugliest languages there is its almost as bad as java...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
just remember spam never killed anyone................

...........................well there was this on guy :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but its a pain in the ass especially if ya aint got much time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom