client dll fix help!!

Best answers
ok i know from this forum that there are plenty of threads about this.

but it is,nt helping so this is what i have done.

i have installed esf 1.2 on my steam *third party* and it is working but if i want to join a server it say,s that me client.dll is different from the other servers.

now i know that there is that Fmod thingi and i did use it bye placing it bye my Dll,s but that was not working so i placed in half life and the esf map also and that didn,t work also. * plz help * ps sry for my english i respect the language verry much but i am still at study you know ;)

*my system : 3Ghz+ intel pentium upgraded HT <technology> extreme edit.
memory: 1 gig 400,500
hardisk: 200 gig 7200rpm
video card: (ATI) 9800 XT 256bit edition.

THX for the help.

Best answers
thanks shadow i was about to make another topic when i saw this one, thanks

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please, please search around the forum before posting!
There are thousands of this sort of thread around, with us having to post fixes in all of them - people seem to lack the energy to perform a simple search - cmon guys search before posting please :)

Best answers
how can i fix the coudlnt connect to the server problem...and can u giv me tips on how to lower ping?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tips on how to lower ping... well the best thing is to get a better connection :)
Failing that, check that steam is set to the connection setting closest to yours:
right click on the steam icon in your taskbar, select settings, goto connection and choose from the drop down list there.
Also make sure nothing else is using the internet at the same time you're playing games.

Best answers
GRRR ITS STILL LIKE THAT...THAT CLIENT DLL DIFFERS FROM THE SERVER!!!I CAN NEVER PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT!!!can sum1 please tell me wat i did wrong and giv me a snapshot of the folder i have to put the f_mod thing?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fmod thing goes into your halflife directory, for instance c:sierra\halflife if halflife is installed there, or c:\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\halflife if its there.

Basically where you installed your halflife or steam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first enter the command "regedit" in your run command in the START menu then find valve (me has a virus cant tell you where exacly)

second reinstall ESF but choose to install to steam

and hope that a mod dont see your dubble posts :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom