Clash: Super vs. DBZ

Best answers
That's one of the interesting differences b/n these two ideals of heros: Superman has one fatal flaw, and the DBZ characters... don't.
If they're more powerful, they're going to win.
However, if they're unable to destroy the opponent before tiring,
then they lose. The fusions, the energy expenditure, all of these
things seem to be based on time: if they don't win within a set
time, they have to come back another day. Superman doesn't
seem to be like that: the sun constantly provides him with power,
and he seems to be invulnerable to everything but kryptonite,
and thousands of physical blows bordering on the power of the DBZ folks. (Let's remember that the huge spikes Doomsday kept
kneeing/elbowing/headbutting him with never impaled him the
way they should have--his defensive gifts allowed him to take the
pounding Doomsday dished out for an incredible amount of time
and all he did was *bleed*.) As to the punches, etc. of DBZ, doesn't it seem like the power of a punch and the destructive power of a technique like BB & Kamehameha are two different things? You rarely see a DBZ physical attack do more than any of Doomsday's (crater, rock crumbles, etc.) I recall Brolli being capable of physical blows that caused sonic booms, and the Buu saga fight b/n Vegeta and Goku had weird boom effects from blows, but I haven't seen much to think that Z characters' punches/kicks are measureably more powerful than Supe's.
The techniques are definitely a leg up on him though.
Additionally, for the first several bouts, Supes was just trying to subdue the Doomsday, he never wants to KILL anything. The DBZ shtick about "holding back true power" is nearly ALWAYS in effect with Supes.
What if he just... let go... and subscribed to a more Vegeta-like view?

I'm impressed with the amount of text this has generated so far!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
Nope, I don't think he did..

Me and and a bunch of my friends used to talk about comc books during my printmaking art class last year...

a whole half-year of comic book talk.....the teacher would even get in on it, too :D
Thats wierd. My popculture. Teacher, has a room full of comic books. Ive never actually seen it though. Others have. The Same teacher is also a DJ.

And about suop goiing nuts and all out? THe though scares me, But as far as im concerned, he might reach Freeza form one(Emphasis on might), but thats about it i think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
come on...

yeamcha from dragon ball would beat superman :p

and now i sleep :tired:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL LOL LOL
even ginyu frog could blow superman away by just lookin' at him(soup is a BIG BIG wimpy) and even gokou comin' out of it's saiyan mothers ***** could beat him...

now stop talkin' about this couse this tread is useless

*Watch teh language*
*;/*
*a death pickle*

Best answers
Maybe..just maybe the z fighters could apply damage...BUT, I don't think any of them are smarter than superman.....boooyah!, he could out smart them in some way, considering the whole time he was in that spaceship as a baby to earth, his dad was teaching him 24/7 about languages and histories of galaxies etc. :]

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Supey's not the brainiest of people..
Plus, you have Piccolo.....he was a genius before he merged with Kami. After he did, not only was he stronger than a super saiya-jin(at the time), he also become unimaginably more intelligent.

He was an expert fighter, his technique was flawless.
He just didn't always have the strength to back it up, like against Buu, Perfect Cell, Furiza, or even Vegeta.

While supey WOULD put up a good fight, I really don't think that he would win.
While he DOES have an infinite amount of energy, sorta, he just couldn't win.
Doomsday did the unimaginable..he made Supey BLEED....the impervious hero BLED..he was broken...he lost the battle.
The Z fighters are physicaly just as strong, if not stronger than those two. Pus, they're faster and all around more powerful.
The character who I think would be a shoein to win would be Cell. He's got the prowess, skill and intelligence of all of the main Z fighters combined with the limitless energy of the Androids and the tenacity and viciousness of Furiza.

Against Cell, Supey could never win.
The reason I use Cell a lot is because, realisticly, Supey would never Fight any of the Z fighters...they would end up on the same side in any Good vs Evil amalgum. Therefore, I chose a villain.
Plus, Cell's my favorite character, and I honestly believe that he would easily defeat America's greatest hero.

One other thing..Supey may be fast....but his fighting is never very fast. He can move quickly if he puts everything into his speed..but his fighting is just too slow.
The Z fighters and villains can fight at blinding speeds.....they just can't be seen when they're fighting. Not even professional recording equipment can pick up their movements..just slight blurs of motion.

That'd be a neat fight though....So freakin cool..
:D

Best answers
you know what krptonite isnt his only weakness he CANT breath in space

just Super cell VS supy he would just I.T. into space while holding super and he would die ok there now stop sayin super has no weakness:p

Best answers
Well...that's what the comics say, now if you want to compare video footage (movies) to video footage of dbz (cartoons), superman can breath in outer space, though the movies of superman kinda bend things, if there was a comic of dbz before the show, im sure that they wouldve bent a lot of things when they made the cartoon. :p and also, if superman would put all of his energy into defense, cell would eventually over a huge amount of time run out of energy. ok, this is the last time i respond to this thread, considering im the only guy who feels like defending an american made super hero.

Best answers
cell would just crap out some of the smaller guys and relax as they kick the crap out of superman

you have to acept all flaws in the charecter

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by resentment
Well...that's what the comics say, now if you want to compare video footage (movies) to video footage of dbz (cartoons), superman can breath in outer space, though the movies of superman kinda bend things, if there was a comic of dbz before the show, im sure that they wouldve bent a lot of things when they made the cartoon. :p and also, if superman would put all of his energy into defense, cell would eventually over a huge amount of time run out of energy. ok, this is the last time i respond to this thread, considering im the only guy who feels like defending an american made super hero.
Dragonball was originally a manga series, yes.
It was split into Dragonball and Dragonball Z when they made tv series.
Other than adding some stuff to the TV series, such as the heavens tournament, everything was exactly the same.
They changed nothing, just added to it.

Supey can go into space as long as he's near a yellow sun, the source of his powers.
And..Cell probably wouldn't spend himself completely....
It wouldn't be very hard for Cell to beat him...he's just as strong, ifnot stronger physically and he's so much faster.

And, if he really needed to, he could just blow up the planet :D

Best answers
Doomsday = unkillable monster...

See everytime doomsday dies against an oppenent. He evolves to counter whatever killed him. So he can cancel out the threat.

And since his cells regenerate he comes back to life over and over again. Kinda like buu. (And buu didn't die...) So my theory is that doomsday would never die.

So I think the real question is. Z fighters vs. Doomsday...who would win?

Best answers
we just have to shove a SUPER KAMEHAMEHA in his ass like they did with cell

Best answers
yes...that would work...and doomsday would die. BUT!

then he'd come back to life. And the Super Kamehameha would be useless. Because his body would have evolved so that the SK would be void.

Best answers
ok they trap him in that wierd jar like they tried with piccollo damo

or theirs always the makeyo star tecniqe

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or they could Dead Zone him . . . ;)

Or they could use the DB's to wish for his ability to be gone.

or to be weakend and made helpless with disease . . . so many options.

Best answers
or get buu to turn him into a cookie

or absorb him

and get off the metor

that would be cheap to use the DB cuc

Best answers
The wishes are not part of a classic fight.
I would definitely have to stipulate that!
The "fight" continues until one side is destroyed (kinda like the cell games: he's dead, he's regenerated, he's self-destructed, he's regenerated, etc.). It's not over till one side is gone for good.

As to Doomsday's regeneration ability, there's got to be something left to regenerate, doesn't there?

I still don't know from where all this stuff about the DBZ folks being so much physically stronger or faster than superman is coming. I can't remember a time that superman has been unequal to a task of physical strength. Has he ever been *unable* to lift/ break through something? Could be apples and oranges, but I'm still unclear on it.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
An easy way to determine whether Super Man could defeat any of the Z Warriors. Take Goku...

Could Goku destroy the planet Earth?

Yes.

Could Super Man destroy planet Earth?

No.

So, basically, the Z warriors would win.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
Or they could Dead Zone him . . . ;)

Or they could use the DB's to wish for his ability to be gone.

or to be weakend and made helpless with disease . . . so many options.
That most likely would NOT work..
The dragon can't grant a wish that exceeds his power.
Removing Doomsday's regenerative abilities could be outside of his power..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom