City of Heroes demo?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damnit I can't find a City of Heroes demo (like a demo of the game). If anyone can help that'd be appreciated. Only reason I want a demo is because I want to buy the game, but I want to know what kind of game I'm going to get myself into, like if I'm going to like it or not. Please help!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an online game. A MMORPG. Generally there are no demos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn that was a fast as hell response. Thanks. Just wondering does anyone have it? And if they do can they tell me if its good and how the whole creating a super hero thing works?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear its damn good, I'd enjoy a 1 or 2 week free trial of CoH my self.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
City of Heroes was fun.. for awhile. However, there's virtually zero content in the game. There's almost nothing to do besides grind--just mindlessly killing mobs over and over. You might get a little more fun out of it if you join one of the "RP" servers, but in my experience, hardly anybody roleplayed. I stopped playing awhile ago, so some things might've changed, but I hear from people who still play that they have not.

Creating your first character is a wonderful and fun experience. However, it's all downhill from there.

Best answers
I tend to agree with SailorAlea, it was great at first but then went downhill as there is a lack of things to do in game. Your either doing some lame missions, or getting owned by NPC's due to lag or sucky stats. Teaming up with people is kind of fun, but it gets old as you don't gain much EXP off of them and soon your the only one still at a low level who can't lvl up. It also takes -forever- to lvl up. I played 5 hours and in 5 hours I gained 4 levels.

Creating your superhero is fun, but if your not good at making a cool looking one, like me, you'll be dull with yours after a while.

IMO, save your cash and buy a better MMO like EverQuest2 or World of Warcraft.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly City of Heroes had potential.

It would be a lot more interesting if the powers were designed a little better. You will bust your ass for a week to get a level up...and the power you get looks just like your old one, just a little bigger.

The enemies are cool but there really aren't any real...events. And there isn't a lot of socializing going on.

A friend and I have this debate a lot, him for CoH and me for WoW. Near as I can see it though, as far as entertainment goes...your money would be better spent elsewhere than CoH, if you're looking for long term entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom