Circular Arena (W.I.P)

Best answers
Hey this is a pretty alpha version of a map im working on, basicaly its a circular arena, and its gona go in my arena map pack :p

Its in its alpha stages so its just the base of the map with some crappy textures put on top of it:::

Theres some piccys. i shrunk the size (k) but not the images
So comments if you will

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to comment on the geometry. It's pretty basic, but just keep working on design to improve that.
I just noticed you have very low fps in the screenshots, and the map is fullbright. That means VIS or RAD did not run properly. Did you make sure to include a light_environment for proper outdoor lighting? Also check to make sure you're running both VIS and RAD on compile, and your map has no leaks.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
DragonDude said:
I'm not going to comment on the geometry. It's pretty basic, but just keep working on design to improve that.
I just noticed you have very low fps in the screenshots, and the map is fullbright. That means VIS or RAD did not run properly. Did you make sure to include a light_environment for proper outdoor lighting? Also check to make sure you're running both VIS and RAD on compile, and your map has no leaks.
he probably didnt compile it all the way in fear it would take forever since it isnt finished. (a map that simple should only take 10secs, if that) If he does mean its finished, make sure to cap the fps with vis running normal and rad running extra.
100fps is the best.
70-90 is ok
40-69 is ugh hmm ok but bad
anything below is worthless.

Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One question, what is it?

You can't make perfect circles in Hammer, just cylinders with faces. You could make a circular rug lets say by using textures.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
block tool\
primatives: arch
(properties of arch:
Click Circle, Make The # of sides 32 (best to use and highest you should go)
and then thats it. its a circle not a sphere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not a circle, it's a cylinder. Remember it's the Half-Life engine, going to overboard with everything can cause preventable lag.

Best answers
if youve seen naruto you will know, its part of the school and im waiting for a model to put into it, then i can finish it off

Best answers
xfactor ;) i see u`ve been showing off ya work... :)
here ya go... this one was done by me and allso w8`ing for the hands model
oh.. and i want to do some touches of my own :)
how it shoud look like: hxxp://thebigclass.3x.ro/STS/Screens/Reference/1.jpg

how it lookz like :
hxxp://thebigclass.3x.ro/STS/Screens/Sts_chuunin[1].jpg
hxxp://thebigclass.3x.ro/STS/Screens/Sts_chuunin[2].jpg
hxxp://thebigclass.3x.ro/STS/Screens/Sts_chuunin[3].jpg
hxxp://thebigclass.3x.ro/STS/Screens/Sts_chuunin[4].jpg

copy and paste them... host dosen`t allow to link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom