Chin ups!?!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
15 is very good and to improve how many you can do, just keep on doing them. Another way is by doing pushups or lift weights (which you can just stick with a dumb bell). I'm sure there are many other ways that you can improve, so just keep at it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I do lift weights and I do push ups all the time. I don't even use my legs for the chin ups. It seems that I am stuck at 15.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only do 2, so don't worry. 15 is a good number to be able to do. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but I don't want you to. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two with Kidboy on your back is quite impressive...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Two with Kidboy on your back is quite impressive...
Considering that I am 145 lbs, yeah that is impressive. But then again, you'd be inpressed with what Kama does with his tounge :yes:.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I want to know is are you doing with your tongue to get Kama to do tongue-ups? I hope it's above the belt!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Kama, I'm sure you can do more if I got off you while you did them.
just imagine how that would sound to somebody who didnt immediately make the connection that you meant you were physically ON him.

thats what happened to me anyways, and seriously even coming from you it freaked me out that anyone would be THAT graphic in a *** joke.

then i sat back and thought about it and came to the conclusion that I am retarded,

anywho personally I can only handle about 4-5 chin-ups before my back goes out.

which i believe can be explained by this fact alone,

I weigh in at near 300 pounds >_>, and have never lifted weights in my life.
(though i did lift and flip a small car over before =P)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been a few weeks since I've last done chin ups, but I can get around 10, which I think is rather impressive given my recent weight gain.

Although... you guys were getting a bit spammy, I'm asking you to stop. This isn't the force pit ya know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever you say, you're the pirate!

I'd do a few to see if I actually can, but I lack anything that could support my weight. I'm willing to bet that I can't do many though...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can do about 20-25 (Depending on my mood) before I top out. I could probably push it further if I wanted to, but I've never really cared to try. I'll put it to the test in gym tomorrow and let you guys know.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
just imagine how that would sound to somebody who didnt immediately make the connection that you meant you were physically ON him.

thats what happened to me anyways, and seriously even coming from you it freaked me out that anyone would be THAT graphic in a *** joke.

then i sat back and thought about it and came to the conclusion that I am retarded.
I'm sorry, but that was the funniest thing I have ever read on these forums in a long ass time. Thank you Nuttzy for your brain. If I ever got THAT graphic, it would be in the force pit.

Yeah, I topped out at 15 again. Am I doing something wrong? I've been stuck at 15 for like 3 days now. I figured I might go up at least 1 or 2 in 3 days.

Best answers
I can do about 50 I think..

To improve in chin ups, you should focus on 3-4 exercises.

-- Your abs (situps, sidesitups, etc etc), running intervals might also help you out, generally to strenghten your stomach.

-Arms/chest/shoulders: This you can do by general pushups, manual sidelifting, etc. Benchpress will help you greatly here by the way, but with bench you need to give it time.

-Your back: This one comes with most of the other exercises, but you can always do several backlifts if you want to, would help you some, but is quite exhausting. Always do this exercise last.
The general meaning of it is to strenghten your entire upper body. Just give it a try. Start doing exercises for a month.

Let's say, you do benchpress 4 weeks.
First 2 weeks, lift like 50-60 (whatever of this you can make) 10 times, 5 sets. I mean, you lift 5 sets, and each set consists of 10 lifts. Before that, it's very important you warm up, so first lift the pool alone 20 times, and then lift 30 kg 10 times. That should get you warm.
As for the rest, try riunning some interval running at least twice a week, and do pushups/situps every day morning/night. Not that many, about 200 situps to start with, and 50 pushups, you can increase/decrease yourself, depending on what your body can take.

- Remember to eat well, eat a small portion of healthy food after every "strong" amount of exercise you've done.

Do this for a month, and I bet you can do 20++ ;p.

Best answers
id like to see a video of you doing 50 pull up's because the top people at my gym can only do like 23....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not going to see a huge difference in 3 days. Try 3 months. Then tell us how many you can do.

I can do about 20 last i checked. But considering i can't get to the gym anymore i probably can't do as many =/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just do pull ups? You know...chest to the bar. You'll end up with much better results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom