Cheat protection...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aimbots for melee my ass. It's called high mouse sensitivity, different pitch settings, & mouse filter. Seriously, try to learn something before you say something is a cheat :S

I don't like cheats, but the one thing I hate worse than a cheater, is a dumbass n00b who doesn't know anything about what the hell he/she is talking about ;(

Just like the other day, some guy was like "OMFG How did you knock me?! I was blocking you hacker!!" ~_~ and the more common "What the hell?! How you hit me so fast?!"

Best answers
well i'm no expert at the game personally but u must come to understand someones perspective on things. if they come from playing a game like cs for such a long time where there are so many cheats it almost becomes second nature to call someome a cheat when they are woop ur ass. i personally feel if someone is cheating in esf and i have played them well i'm glad cause it just makes me a much better player in the long run as i learn from getting kicked around allot faster than i would when i'm wining. . .

only time i would really give a **** if someone is cheating is when i am in a clan war (thats not an issue for me cause i'm not in a clan)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's frankly sad to even try to cheat in ESF, I mean it's to fast paced n stuff, what the hell cheats could you use? Maybe speedhack but that has been eliminated (Sure theirs that retarted one that does speed in short bursts but tis' utterly worthless).

The best cheat detectors are people who have cheated before *Raises Hand*

I cheated like a mother f***er on CS, only speedhack and wallhack, all that other aim and auto shoot crap was lame, only thhing missing was a walk-hack or something, not saying that the the kind of cheating I did was okay...but speedhack sure was a blast :laff: )

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Gotenks
that would mean all of this...
IE models sounds sprites enabling the mic? and then mp3s and cfg changes such as max fps sensitivity and the works...
I will make a correction for Hsu:

Anything that you put into the game that gives you an advantage over other players unless they have the same script is cheating.

Now that's just what he said with some words moved around. I hope that helps you to understand what we are discussing in this thread.

Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
It's frankly sad to even try to cheat in ESF, I mean it's to fast paced n stuff, what the hell cheats could you use? Maybe speedhack but that has been eliminated (Sure theirs that retarted one that does speed in short bursts but tis' utterly worthless).

The best cheat detectors are people who have cheated before *Raises Hand*

I cheated like a mother f***er on CS, only speedhack and wallhack, all that other aim and auto shoot crap was lame, only thhing missing was a walk-hack or something, not saying that the the kind of cheating I did was okay...but speedhack sure was a blast :laff: )
well going alittle off topic only cause i have ta reply. . .

u'll probiliy find that netcoding is probibly the more prefered type of cheating for cs these days as it is practically undetectable. only way to really detect it is to have the players use their "expert" opion that means jack **** really

Best answers
Aimbot is totally useless for ESF? Why????
Because, the lag and gamestyle is very difficult for the bot. The aimbot could be useful for instant hit attacks.
But for melee I don't think so.....

A guy was using a aimbot with ESF and hell, he hit everything on sight with laser. But he sucked like hell with melee..... he swooped towards me and he missed me all the time, while I hit him all the time....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And how would you know he had aimbot, may I ask? Who are you referring to as he? You hit him all the time?
Anyways.... I dont think cheats are out... it seems kinda hard to alter the esf codings.....
If you still feel unsafe... go to www.unitedadmins.com to get hlgaurd and cheating death

Best answers
i hate CD as when i use to have it i had a low end system and it just placed way to much choke on the games(think most of the choke was cause i had a modem as soon as i got cable think the choke went :D)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
model switiching would still be a cheat then... cuz it will give u an advantage of seeing your opponent better if he was cover in orange or what not a bright color...
the charging sprite for the kame was altered so it flashes and now u can see it from one side to the other... the sprites for the "majin Vegeta" trans were altered so the aura was extremely high giving you a more visible location of your opponent...
the only thing thats arent cheats would be the cfg changes and the mp3 switch outs... and theres prolly a way to get ppl saying ka me ha me... really loud that way if hes a ways off u can just avoid the coming kame...
so im right.

Best answers
You know what cheaters are really pissing me off in all mods and games...
I hope one day they put them all in one big line to put their testicles on a lag and axe them off with a very dull and very rusty axe.

Best answers
screw the cheats, if you get cheated agenst, leave the server, if its yourserver, ban the ****er.

simple

Sonic Boyster

im sick of seeing this.
Anything That Gives An Advantage Over Another Player is a Cheat.

Wrong.

if your stuff is binded to where to can switch faster than the default keys is a cheat, theres a problem.

or if you have a lower ping over another player is a cheat, then......... wtf.

when you say *anything*
your wrong, say SOMETHINGS* cause most things can be altered to make your game work better, but are not plastered as a cheat.

the kind of things i see as cheats are,
hacks: aimbot, wallhack, power increasement over an item, infinate hp, inifinte ki.

scripts are not cheats, because the game is not altered in the coding to do this kinda stuff.
scripts are just little stuff bound together.

if you think scripts are cheats, blow me.
because, all i see is someone complaining about something that isnt relevant enough to talk about, but just want to open their mouths to start a topic, post discussion.

as for script advantages, if scripts were cheats, why are they so easy to make. and why were they approved by valve, when they took all the cheats out of hl.

if the scripts or aliases are cheats, then what kind of thing can they do that you cant? you can do anything you set your mind to, and if the people that use scripts cant do that, then i see no reason to complain. its just helping you practice agenst the odds to put more exp on your side as the person on the other end, Using them gets weaker.
why should you complain when people get les and less exp over scripts, or hacks. but even tho im agenst cheats, i dont start a post/subject/topic over it.
the people that do are just F@ggits that have nothing else to talk about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
model switiching would still be a cheat then... cuz it will give u an advantage of seeing your opponent better if he was cover in orange or what not a bright color...
A) Thats why they disabled model switching.
B) The model only changes if the other guy has the model. -.- Other wise it becomes a grey piccolo, or gordon freemon.

the charging sprite for the kame was altered so it flashes and now u can see it from one side to the other... the sprites for the "majin Vegeta" trans were altered so the aura was extremely high giving you a more visible location of your opponent...
the only thing thats arent cheats would be the cfg changes and the mp3 switch outs... and theres prolly a way to get ppl saying ka me ha me... really loud that way if hes a ways off u can just avoid the coming kame...
so im right.
-.- chill man, you think to much, these would be weak ass cheats. SO you can see something better, you still have to be good enough to react to it, and any half desent player can respond in time.

-.-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
umm it would change to goku now taht he is the default model and not the grey pic...

but see it would help the person who has the model out... by this...
map is city
player 1 is trunks
i player 2 goku...

trunks in my model folder is a big oozaru thing that orange so i can see it... with the hit blocks skinmapped on to it..

ok well trunks runs away to go recharge between 2 building i lost him from swooping and now i cant find him... he charges up and thanx to my charge sprite i see him and begin to see him through
the buildings.... works just like OGC in cs...

**tru that this cheat isnt very big, but its still a cheat

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, even though you don't know it. If somebody went through their folder and replaced every model and sprite with something huge and obvious, that would be cheating. Scripts can do plenty of things that I can't. Scripts instantly transmit your character across the level and into someone's face. Scripts can teleport you up, over, around, and behind someone, trigger swoop and turn +altattack on for you. Scripts can hit someone, hit them again, and hit them a third time if you know how to make them. Would it be possible for me to do this stuff? The last two are feasable, but once you get to the point where you can flawlessly perform that kind of stunt every time you have been playing for years, and I don't see why people who have only been playing for a few months deserve that kind of advantage without strings attached.

Now doing stuff like raising your framerate is tough to discuss. Everybody wants a higher framerate, though they don't necessarily do it just for ESF. Some are just more fortunate than others in a situation like that. Same goes for ping, even though ping will no longer be a factor in 1.1 like it was in 1.0 anyway.

Scripts aren't cheats unless they enhance your gameplay super-humanly, like those things I described above. Scripts like those are cheats because they never fail. Scripts never flinch, and scripts are never wrong. It is a lot easier to master a few simple scripts than to master a mousewheel or using more than one teleport button to quickly go around or over someone and strike them at angles. You can't say that anything is possible, therefore nothing is a cheat, because that's like saying Aimbots don't hurt counter strike. Sure, it's possible that the guy just aimed at your head 16 times in a row, but you don't feel cheated a little bit? Especially since this guy has only been playing 3 weeks and just kills you off with a Glock every time. Some scripts are cheats. Just because Valve was willing to risk cheating with scripts when they allowed the users to take advantage of it doesn't mean that it isn't cheating to do just that and exploit it. In a game like ESF where human error is the leading cause of death, eliminating the human side of the game is self defeating and unfair to all of the other players, and therefore it is cheating. Hibiki will get mad at me for saying that but it's just how I see it, and I feel that I'm justified.

Best answers
I fully agree with you sonic, tbh i think that anybody who has to write a script in order to play is cheating, regardless of what it does, unless its a name script or something, but anything that gives you an advantage game wise, which wasnt included with the actual mod/game code, is a cheat, including aimbots or teleport on range script etc...

tbh these people are out to ruin the game for everybody else, and generally from what i have seen, have a distinct lack of morals and honour, just so they can become top, i know i few people who cheat in cs and it pisses me off, theres nothing i can do about it, even when i try to convince them otherwise, it will have no effect cos they are self centred *******s.. whether they cheat for fun or not, its still wrong, if they want to cheat, they should make their own server.. but getting back to the point, anybody who uses scripts or aimbots are cheating, since its an extenstion which was clearly not released with the game so that the user can win, any alteration of this just isnt fair.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
I call anything that someone has to put in the game that was not orignally part of it a cheat. It gives them an advantage that no one else has unless they use the same script. It makes the game unfare.
yes, excellent definition. Spamming and stuff is sometimes referred to as cheating (i've heard it called so) but that is something which everyone can do. Cheats are only for one person, or many if there are many cheaters.... does that mean that if everyone on a server cheats does it stop being a cheat?

Best answers
And how would you know he had aimbot, may I ask? Who are you referring to as he? You hit him all the time?
Anyways.... I dont think cheats are out... it seems kinda hard to alter the esf codings.....
If you still feel unsafe... go to www.unitedadmins.com to get hlgaurd and cheating death
Geeeeeee.... he hits me from miles away with the eyelaser from miles away and even when I teleport away from him a couple of times and he keeps on hitting me.
The ******* even admitted it. "*** AIMBOT I HATE MELEE"
His name is: Mirai Piccolo
I've never seen him play on one of the servers anymore.

I really get sick of those whiners that call you a aimbot when you are hitting them with the fingerlaser if they got hit by melee. It is very easy to kill someone that is hit by melee and flies in a straight line so you just have to adjust your crosshair a bit.

By the way, Ape sure knows much about OGC. Bio was calling the Z clan OGC users, now where did he get the information from.

As for cheats, "EVERYTHING" that changes things in the game is cheating. You may change a model for your own viewing pleasure, but if you use special color models or spike models and other crap that allows you to see the enemy through walls or see him better is considered a cheat.

In CS alot of clans uses modified crap that changes models and even the crosshair and in Quake, they used a somekind of program that sits between the client and server.
It translates pieces of code and packets.

For example:
Rocket hits wall, client is hit and sends back 20 damage. (Shotgun damage)
Server receives packet and 20 damage is done to player.

Proxies can be used with Half-Life but I'm not sure the damage cheating works anymore. It can influence your ping and make you lag for the others, while you aren't lagging at all. It's like a fake ping.

Best answers
-.-;

unless you know how to write scripts or cheats is very bad,because you would most likely use them to pretty much cause disturbance with other players,and aimbot = bad.ESF's engine is diferently coded,it isnt guns,its now beams and melee.The only things that work well with aimbots are lasers.Instant-damage and his aimbot did it for him.

I use a camera script to check out models because Im too lazy to get HLMV,but since the radar defeats its purpose,its pretty much obsolete,and it is bound to my keypad which makes it even worse,because I have to get my hand off my mouse and quickly press buttons on my keypad,very frustrating.
And why I do this?I put myself at a disadvantage,I dont want to be an overall god or something.

BTW,if youre still worrying about them,get HLGuard.But I tell you,these cheats aren't widespread.
EDIT:And if HLGuard doesn't work Ill chop off my left nut for being an idiot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way there could be an aimbot is if that guy made it himself, I just checked the major cheat sites WHICH I WILL NOT TELL PEOPLE >_>

and there ARE NOT custom aimbots which can be changed for other mods, althought there are source codes for some, oh well I dont even care this cheat **** can kiss my ass, just like on CS after I stopped using cheats.

I LOVE TO PLAY CHEATERS IT IMPROVES MAH SKILL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom