Cheat protection...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aimbots are a joke--in this game the explosions are huge, and the beams can be controlled in mid-flight. There is likely no such thing as an aimbot.

SCRIPTING, however, seems to be getting more and more popular. It's really easy to write a simple script that, say, makes your block key also hold down secondary fire, so that when you get hit and release block, you instantly counter.

There's also not really much difficulty involved with a "swoop+teleport" combination script, where you can swoop and seamlessly teleport out of it without stopping and then be swooping again.

There's a ton of scripting possibilities, unfortunately. Scripting requires two things:

1.) A basic understanding of computers
2.) About ten minutes of your time, at the most

The ONLY REASON why Valve left this in the stupid game, is not because they think it's "fair"--obviously, it's not, and if you have any argument you're very clearly just some loser scripter who probably whores a gameshark or strategy guide for every console/game you ever owned anyhow. The ability to script is in the game because HALF-LIFE ITSELF WAS BUILT USING THE SCRIPTING FUNCTIONS OF THE ENGINE, AND IF THEY WERE REMOVED THEY WOULD NEED TO COMPLETELY REBUILD HALF-LIFE.

And guess what? It IS cheating, and it IS lame. Argue all you want, it doesn't change the fact.

And it will NEVER change the fact. Altering the game to make it so you don't have to try as hard to win is cheating. Model switching, coloring skins brighter, that **** is minor, you still have to BEAT me once you can see me anywhere on the map. But SCRIPTING DIRECTLY AFFECTS YOUR PLAYING AND ALLOWS YOU TO EXECUTE PHENOMENALLY DIFFICULT MANEUVERS WITH 100% PERFECT ACCURACY EVERY SINGLE TIME WITHOUT EXERTING EVEN THE SLIGHTEST EFFORT.

That is cheating, plain and simple.

And to be honest, I find it pathetic that you (meaning cheaters) simultaneously murder the entertainment of all of the other players for simple stupid gloating rights for approximately ten seconds at the end of a match before a map change, while SIMULTANEOUSLY murdering your own enjoyment of the game and your own abilities to play it naturally.

So whatever. Scripting is cheating. Get over it.

Best answers
they most likely forgot about it, didnt see it as a problem, but i think there are a few ppl with aimbots about, or they are just sickeningly good shots who can respond to things about the same speed as light ^_^

Best answers
i think scripting wasnt considered a cheat in hl cause in most games like cs,dod, and so on there isn't allot scripts could do to give u an advantage. . .

yet as i have said before this isnt like most hl mods ;)

Best answers
I don't know why people would use scripts at all. There's no point in playing the game if you're going to be completely lazy. As for aimbots for beams, I doubt it. I find it to be really, really easy to hit someone with a beam. Of course, the gallon of cofffee I drink, to heighten my senses before every match, helps.

Best answers
aimbots for melee mainly , but with the beams, this is like teleporting miles and still getting hit square on, completely obvious aimboting :p

Best answers
Thankfully in South Africa, the gaming community isn't that big, so most of the people who play games (epsecially ESF) dont like to use hacks because it ruins it for us.

But i can agree with Mr.Satans comment on people thinking they know everything and pointing fingers, when they know nothing. This one butt slut is always accusing me of cheating because i kick the crap outa him when he joins the server, and there is NOTHING more irritating than some n00b moron accusing you of cheating because you are better than him.

Oh, super_vegeta.LE , i can do a teleport melee perfectly, and i dont use aimbots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About 3 months or so ago I used a CS hack thing on ESF to make some cool screens. I went looking and found the pics again, here they are to inform some of you people.

<p align="center">

The Truth About CS
</p>

Best answers
sweet jeezus....cheats in ESF....thanks for the screens Satan....

Now we can see the truth about cheating in ESF,as you can see it can really suck to be spotted in wireferame,because it also outlines your aura....and in white walls,a map like rosat wouldn't be grey,it would be white.

But then again,if you are REALY in doubt that someone is cheating on your server,get HLGuard

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is a very funny photograph, that last one. We are aware that most of the myg0t hacks work with ESForces, but most of them aren't useful, as you can see. The white walls hack would only screw you up, and you wouldn't be able to see most beams. The transparent persons hack would be retarded. Only the aimbot would be useful at all. Oh well, where there are games, there will be hacks for them. At least ESF is immune to most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. The only things those hacks do in ESF is increase difficulty for you AND/OR make things look really cool :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I still think when we say "cheat" we ought to be more focused on scripting.

I think I could literally build a melee script that does ALL the work for you, if I tried hard enough. And I noticed there's never any bull**** with the beams; all the BS I've come across is guys with impeccable melee hits, perma-swoops, pre-emptive counterattacks, and even once I got hit by a guy who was rolling along the ground (I think that was just a rare bug).

I can guarantee the literal insta-counter (not the really fast one, but the INSTANT one, and the PRE-EMPTIVE one that hits you before you even touch the guy) are scripted techniques, at least in some part.

I say that in that petition to get Valve to update the Half-Life engine's limitations, we try and get them to remove scripting capability for button presses. Of course, like I said before, we can't do this--Half-Life is BUILT on scripts itself, and all of it's controls and attributes are set by variations of scripts (config files, etc). So unfortunately, as long as we use the Half-Life engine, we are stuck with these.

Of course it WOULD be feasible that Valve could just make it so that you could not assign multiple keystrokes/button functions to a single key. That'd take care of the problem, I suppose.

Either way I still don't think an aimbot is at all necessary in this game and therefore I doubt anyone would bother to make one. Besides, controlling beams is pretty easy. And those of you who have gripes about the candy attack/eye lasers need to realize that, at that range, it is really NOT THAT DIFFICULT NOR IMPRESSIVE to keep your cursor over the enemy and hold the button down, or the even lesser impressive method of just holding the button down and dragging the laser across the opponent's path.

So to summarize, aimbots aren't nearly the issue melee scripting is, particularly because any ******* can write his own melee script, so there is no "standardized" script that we can discuss, learn to avoid, build protection for, etc.

Best answers
Yeah, in cs and dod scripts aren't too big of a deal. I can do anything in CS a script can do, only faster. Now in ESF, melee scripts can completely change the game. Hopefully the Melee changes and bug fixes will make them less effective and therefor less annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried making a Melee Script once, just to see how easy it was. I consider myself a pretty l33t scripter (Been Scripting For A LOOOOOOONG time and it's not something that is really hard anyways) and after about like 1/2hr to 1hr of trying I finally came up with something but it only slightly gave me a better advantage. After that I seriously doubted there were any true melee scripts, and if there were, it woulda taken a while to make (cuz you gotta test it as you make changes and whatnot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom