• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever the team wants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about ... BOTH?

Example: The 'charged' swoop can be used for springing to the start of a battle, it goes much faster when maximum charged than the 'regular' swoop but adds extra damage, only really possible to surprise someone at the beginning of the fight.. and during the fight... swooping with charging occuring DURING the swoop, not before. Mystix's idea, generally.

Best answers
I'd say it'd be good to have it add both speed and damage if you couldn't swoop for a second after you stopped. Balancing in a game only works if there's drawbacks and counters to everything, in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
I'd say it'd be good to have it add both speed and damage if you couldn't swoop for a second after you stopped. Balancing in a game only works if there's drawbacks and counters to everything, in my opinion.
As I've said on AIM:

Okay, probably my last brainstorm.

Combining the ideas of everyone here, this is my idea.

- Charged swoops to begin the fight.
- Regular swooping (1.1 swooping basically)
- Throttle (shift key idea) in regular swooping
- When you hit the key, it doesn't gradually charge up speed.
- Instead, it fires you like a rocket with about +50 speed.
- During this process, you cannot direct yourself to move in any direction but forward.
- If you connect with the enemy, it's extra damage.
- If you miss, you freeze to recover for a second.
- There would be a limit to distance with this move so you can't just fire across the map to escape from someone.
- Probably most importantly, Minimum Range with this move.
- Otherwise, there would be more people just hanging back and using this abusively.

Thoughts?

Best answers
I think the no-turning thing could be taken out. Unless it's meant to only be used for people with their back to you and have no clue of what unspeakable pain they're being set up for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe the turn would be slower than normal so that you can't just use it as the beginning hit EVERY TIME. That's the problem. It has to be hard to use, a once-in-5-hits kind of move.

Basically, it's a gamble in a fight. It can get you out of ****, or put you into ****, depending on how well you use it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, now you guys are making things a lot more complicated. I was hoping for something simple, yet effective and something that had it's weakness. Halorin's idea is pretty good, but I also have an idea and would like a general yes or no to charging melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really that complicated, it's just a swooping idea.

Summary:

Charging swoop is there if you can surprise them

Regular swoop is there for fighting

'Throttle' swoop is there as a wildcard

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, how would all of that work? How would it be controlled or selectable? IMO, that's a little too complex, too many melee options isn't really all that good. Then again, that's IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well granted this is just an idea, doesn't mean anything. As for controls.. well.. hmm..

The 'charged up' melee would be done when you DONT lock on to a player, and hold left click as if it was a beam then let go and fly into someone. When you connect with them, you go into that autopunching thing and target them. Then when whatever you do is over, since you're locked on, you do regular 1.1-esque swooping. During that swoop, you can hold the shift key and swoop really fast in a straight line until you connect with the enemy, let go, or the swoop runs out. In all instances except for connecting with the enemy, you are stuck for a short period (out of breath.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, u shouldnt have the 'aura' on in swoop unless you have turbo on. this way, you can turn turbo on or off in mid-swoop. also people can tell what your status is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@GMan: Well, I guess it will work. I just don't think it's neccessary.

About the turbo thing, that sounds excellent. Turn turbo on while swooping, BAM, there is your accelerater. :smile:

Best answers
i like Gmans idea...not only is it balanced...but it would help out with combos if used correctly...great job dude

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I really dont see the reasoning for auto-hitting other than making it easier for some ppl to connect..
And as for charge swooping, charging for speed and distance is a ok idea but i really think u should be able to just swoop, and unlike previous versions.. be able to continue swooping until ki is gone. Maybe an enitial charge to start with to determin how fast u go would be nice.. but what do i know. :p

And joe.. if anything esf melee is not fast enough. :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Saiyajin said:
And joe.. if anything esf melee is not fast enough. :devgrin:
That's because there are still transformations to come, and that means a lot more speed. :rolleyes:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My opinion: I can go either way. I've played ESF without a charged swoop, and I have tested ESF with the charged swoop. I would simply learn to play it with whichever option is in there. I am satisfied if the team includes or excludes it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now I like the melee, in my opinion the autopunches are like just for show, to get the melee started. Yeah they are punches and will do damage, but nothing that is gonna own. Its whats after that you should complain about. My only problem is with the charging swoop, I submitted a suggestion to Joe, hopefully he can make it work cause its a mix between the charge bar and what we have. Not complicated, but I think it is pretty effective. Plus it makes melee slowed down in way, but kinda the same speed...

*EDIT* BTW I vote no cause I like my suggestion, but see if the team likes it is another question... *EDIT*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything about 1.2 so far is GREAT! I just want to keep this game fast paced. I want the feeling of DBZ when i'm playing ESF, and DBZ is fast paced. That's all.

Just one thing though...

:warning: PLEASE, NO MORE SUGGESTIONS IN THIS THREAD, JUST POST AN ANSWER TO THE TOPIC AND LEAVE AN EXPLANATION BACKING UP YOUR ANSWER :warning:

If you have a suggestion, there is always the suggestion forum waiting for you. :smile:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are you guys *still* going off about HOWing? It isn't like howing is going to get you anywhere in 1.2 besides maybe a struggle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeese its not even possible to how in 1.2 anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom