Changing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I would love to know how i can change the color of goku's outfit, i do have some modeling programs, but only Milkshape 3D. Any help would be greatly appreaciate.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be considered re-skinning a model, which is considered illegal if I remember.

Best answers
How is changing the color of Goku's gi for personal use, illegal? I highly doubt it is.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as its for personal use. If youre going to edit a skin, dont show it to the public. If you do want to release it, look over this thread for the creators of the official ESF models. Contact the creator and see what they say.

But to skin/edit skins, you can use programs like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Any photo editing program.

Best answers
Yes... But..

I know how to unpack a model, under Milkshape 3d so i can get to the skin, but i dont know how to pack it back up. Thanks though, i dont plan to release the edit at all, for person use only. But if i do, ill be sure to ask ESF beforehand.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Download and install the Half-Life Model Viewer (HLMV). It allows you to view compiled models outside of the game. You can extract the skins from it and import them back to the model, as well as view every animation it has, or view sub models. Its not a modeling program, so you cant edit the mesh with it.
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/hlmv/
Its a very usefull tool. Plus its free.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
export the skin you wish to edit, open it in photoshop, convert it to rgb color edit it, now put it back to 256 colors and save it, import it back onto the model, if you did everything correctly (how i just said) you now have your skin showing up on the model then you jus hafta click save model and pick your location

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then open the model, and export the skin. Then you can edit it in whatever program you want and import it back to the model. Then click texture > save model.

Best answers
Hey Nutzzy

I tried to email you bro, i wanted to talk to you. You got AIM or MSN? Maybe IRC? I promise not to bug ya too much Lol. Let me know. I just wanted to talk to you about the brolly model and shiz, and i have a few questions for you. And i know Brolli was a project that you only finished for the community or something, So no worries.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no the brolly was never finished, its still unfinished, and its fully open to editting as long as you get the credits right, permission is not a problem with that model

Best answers
Naw, i didnt want to edit it, but i wanted you to add some small things to a model. Basically a one wing on left on bacvk of shouklder, and a gauntlet on his right hand, with ruby incrested. Real easy stuff, if you'd even consider it, Let me know, ill draw the designs so you know what i have running through my head.

*Edit*
But if you're too busy, i can ask someone else?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can tell you with 100% certainty that i wont do it >_>, why you think i released it like i did, so other people could edit it, and to date nobody has done more than just recolor and scale certain parts, which i would declare rips and demand esf-w take offline if i hadnt already said they could, but i guess i shouldve expected as much

Best answers
Not to the brolyl model, im sorry i made it seem like that. I meant to this model i been editing, a Goku model. I understand though, i just thought id ask because i respect your art compared to others out there, Only other decent one i can think of other the you is Super Vegetto and the ESF team modeler. I guess I'll have to find someone else. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom