Changed Beam Gameplay

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok.. In my opinion I believe the beam spam is a big problem.. and if the team leaves the beams as they're now esf 1.3 will have the same problem.

Here is my solution..

First, I say add a "special meter" bar that gradually fills as you fight.( Fills faster as you give damage, very slowly as you take damage)

Second, I say make all beam attacks except ki blasts, and gen beams/balls unavailable.

Third, Players must fill there "special meter" bar in order to use 1 of their any attack stronger then a gen beam/ball.( Not including Lazers, or shields.)

Forth, The time it takes to charge one of the beams should be dramaticly fixed. Example, the kameha should only take 3 seconds to charge a full blast. Example two, the spirit bomb and death ball should only take 5 seconds.

Fifth, The beams should not fire like they do now in esf 1.2.3 , Instead the beam's radius should be about 4 to 5 times its normal size, and the beam may not be turned. It should be an *instant shot*(all or nothing), and the distance the beam can go is only that of 1 to 1.5 teleports before it fades out. If a person is hit by the beam the beam wouldn't fade away so fast , and there could be a VERY VERY attractive animation like this 1. If goku hits cell with his kameha special then cell will slowly begin to fade away into pieces, then just before he's gone completely BOOM. A fairly big explosion filled with smoke happens as cell screams in agony while his blood and body parts fall to the ground.

sixth, Frieza's telekinis as a special could be changed to a massive rock or something.

**hope you guys liked my ideas** tell me what you think =)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No no no...you're totally thinking like the lamest old-style video game designers. ESF is all about flexibility, being capable of the stuff in the show. If you add your stupid special meter, then it'll make gameplay too boring. It'll be streetfighter with 3 dimensions of motion.

The fact is, in DBZ, as long as they have the energy to do them, a special attack can be used at anytime. This has been proved by Goku's sometimes constant use of the Kamehameha.

Your idea for shortening the charge time is $**ty too. You have to understand, beam spamming is inevitable, and without the possibility, it will be a very boring, very linear game. The way beams are discouraged is by their long charge times. You simply can't afford a Kamehameha if someone's swooping at you from too close quarters. Even then, if you pull it off, you'll likely be hit by your own attack, miss and be swooped and pwned, or several other consequences.

Its true people will rain fire down from the sky and disrupt fighters, but this keeps the game active and makes you stay on your toes. Most attacks are easily dodged from long distance, where they're affordable and efficient, so you can't complain.

Also, blast scale is already fixed to increase with your power level. If your blast is tiny, its because you're weak. You don't often see it, but when people get to massive PLs, like say, 15,000,000, the beams are huge. At that point, you have to be ultra aware, because the blast radius is sometimes half the size of the map. You can't complain there, it works. If everyone automatically had giant PLs' it get REALLY spammy and old fast.

And beams having a limited range...? That would seriously be unrealistic, and undermine the principle of even HAVING beam techniques. And there's no way they're making beams instant sniper shots. In DBZ, you can guide your beams; in ESF, you can guide your beams. Its hard enough already to nail someone with a beam who's moving, don't f*** it all to Hell by turning that beam into a useless gunshot.

Final two things, characters already are blown into real pieces and bits when blown up. And the rocks HAVE to be somewhat small; in a city map, where the Hell would a massive boulder COME from...?

Your just a sad little kid who gets beat all the time in a game, so he wants to change the rules so he can play even though it makes the game no more fun.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Calling people "sad little kid who gets beat all the time in a game" is generally frowned upon here.

Beam spam is a big problem in esf, but instead of it being limited by some crazy special bar, I think it should be done according to stamina. The way stamina will work in 1.3, is when you've used a lot of stamina, your ki costs for everything increase, stamina cannot be recharged either, it comes back by itself. Imo the longer you charge a signature attack (kamehameha - not generic attacks) the more stamina it would cost. This would remain realistic to the show and stop people sitting in corners launching beam after beam of ultimate distruction, because right after they fire a beam, their next beam will cost a lot more ki to charge.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude have you ever fought Jinx? I highly doubt it. Granted Jinx isn't the best, I'll be damned if I deny the fact that he can pull of some pretty amazing moves. I have yet to see anyone other than Jinx be able to somehow teleport the correct distance so that he's RIGHT behind you and hits you (This is while you're moving of course) I also have yet to see anyone teleport out of the way and then teleport right back into you and hit you. Jinx has mad teleporting skills, so I don't want to hear it from you.

Beam spam is a big problem in ESF yes that's true. But I think they are changing it with stamina and all that so I don't think it really needs to be discussed too much until we know what exaclty they're planning.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
First off.. *J-Dude* I'm an esf pro who could pwn you any day any time...

2nd I recommended a special bar becuase it would turn all the cool beams that the characters can do into Actual SPECIAL attacks.

3rd The reason i suggested time charge time change Is simply because anything above a Greneric beam is useless to pros it simply takes TOO long to charge the beam.

4rth which is also why i recommended CHanging how the beam fired. Increasing radius and making it nearly an instat shot that disinigrates your opponent..

I do understand your point of *Flexibility* tho..

So here is what i came up with.

Maybe it could be possible for players to do a generally Weaker version Of the attack at anytime Or possibly a DIFFERENT version in which the kameha is a bit slow, like it's current speed.It could also be it's normal size.

As for the special it could be a bigger in radius much more damaging but since it's a **special** kameha It can be used in *Fast Paced* fighting, Not at a nub's level of fighting.

Meaning Players who want to use the REGULAR kameha or other beam attacks may do so, but for us pros.. a fast paced kameha in which you cant spam over an over in a fast paced match because of the *special meter* would be VERY interesting dont you think?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think this game should be meant for everyone, not just the "pros". I'm conservative in many respects, and my opinion is, if it aint broke don't fix it.

So don't gang up and attack me folks, I just felt his suggestions totally underminded the gameplay goals ESF planned to meet anyway.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
We're not, we're just saying through our experience with playing esf (which is quite a lot) we've probably witnessed a lot more beam spammers than you realise, good ones and bad ones.

Beams are broken, they need fixing. I dont agree with Jinx's idea, but I think stamina being a governing aspect would work wonders.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well from my opinoin i agree whit J-Dude if you whant a melee fighe sugest a melee fight mode for esf and one more thing the beam spaming will not be a problem there will not be anymore big pl beam spaming because sv_restartround 1 and they say plcw will be much beter so your pl will be faster colosor then the server advrege (beams r a tactical addvantege) The special meter will slow down the game , so you think your a pro but i don't know the first thing about the team.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hrm.. IM not so sure why nobody likes my idea.. but.. I'm curious whether or not people heard the part when i said the special meter only applies to attacks higher then ki blasts, and gen beams/balls...(meaning you can use them at anytime)

Also the stronger beams can be used at anytime...

And the special meter enables a *faster Strong beam* for fast paced gameplay for us pros. But this *special beam* doesn't have splash damage because it vaporizes the enemy..

Just wondering if everyone grasped that..

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
so a fast vaporezing beam , i don't think the beams need an other tipe of beams and fast vaporezing beam will problemy be unbalance by the sound of the name so who ever has this beam get's a free kill

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
so a fast vaporezing beam , i don't think the beams need an other tipe of beams and fast vaporezing beam will problemy be unbalance by the sound of the name so who ever has this beam get's a free kill
not unless you hit the guy deadon. If you miss by just a little he gets 0 damage.personaly i thonk it has no use whatsoever. I mean you work yyour ass off for something you cant even use against a moving target.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Grega said:
not unless you hit the guy deadon. If you miss by just a little he gets 0 damage.personaly i thonk it has no use whatsoever. I mean you work yyour ass off for something you cant even use against a moving target.

Well i Also.. said the radius of the beam would be 3-5 times larger then the normal beam. Also.. The beam wouldn't be an INSTANT kill.. It would do a serious amount of damage if you are hit dead on..

btw i hit moving targets with ben beams/balls all the time.. Im sure it could come in handy for pros eh o_O?

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Calling people "sad little kid who gets beat all the time in a game" is generally frowned upon here.

Beam spam is a big problem in esf, but instead of it being limited by some crazy special bar, I think it should be done according to stamina. The way stamina will work in 1.3, is when you've used a lot of stamina, your ki costs for everything increase, stamina cannot be recharged either, it comes back by itself. Imo the longer you charge a signature attack (kamehameha - not generic attacks) the more stamina it would cost. This would remain realistic to the show and stop people sitting in corners launching beam after beam of ultimate distruction, because right after they fire a beam, their next beam will cost a lot more ki to charge.
Does stamina go up with melee / swooping?

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
and on the blast radius of 3 - 5 times will do instant kill as well ? and if so what about the big pl beams a beam like your whit a big pl will do like the hole map as an explosion so you shot randomly and boom the hole server killed (server crashis)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Does stamina go up with melee / swooping?
Im not totally sure on all the details, but I know basic melee will not be effected by stamina, swooping and hitting wont reduce your stamina, so yes your stamina will go back up while in basic melee. The way I understand how stamina will work is it'll be used for special moves in advanced melee, and maybe tie into recovery as well. Hopefully it'll be used to regulate beams too...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If beam hp damage was reduced to like around 1/3 of what they do now, it would be better. That and allow block to cut out all hp damage (splash)... since its unblockable and very unfair.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with myself, if you dont like spammers, then o well

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
john_volkov said:
and on the blast radius of 3 - 5 times will do instant kill as well ? and if so what about the big pl beams a beam like your whit a big pl will do like the hole map as an explosion so you shot randomly and boom the hole server killed (server crashis)
When i say.. the RADIUS of a beam i mean the actual SIZE of the beam not the EXPLOSION of a beam.

ALSO did you read the part when i said the beam FADES OUT/AWAY after a distance of 1 to 1.5 teleports.

and did you read the part where i said the shot is NEARLY instant, meaning its a very fast moving beam.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't like it , no offence but i like my beams standard,i think this will unbalance the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom