Change in Forum Search

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody noticed that searching for posts by a specific user no longer brings up their posts in the order THEY posted, it brings up the posts they've posted in, in the order ANYBODY's posted in most recently.

So if you search for posts by "TreeBoinker," you'll get a list of the threads he's posted in, in the order those threads were posted in by -anyone- most recently.

It's odd, I wish they'd be reverted back to the old way.

Best answers
I seriously don't think your going to find 5 other people that noticed, and I guarantee virtually no one gives a crap.

Who cares if the forum search changed? Its merely now going for the most recent topic posted in by that person instead of their last post. If you want their last post, go into their profile and click on the "Find all posts by _____" link, and it will bring it up in the order they posted it.

Now you have two ways of getting it instead of one. Seems like a good change to me.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Though SoulStriker could have put it in a better (less jerkier) way, he's right.

At the moment simply clicking on a User's name will bring up an option menu from which you can choose to search for all posts made by this user in the order they were made. I didn't even realise what had happened until I was trying to PM someone and clicked on their name; I assume its just another little modification our new forum has given us.

Best answers
My bad for saying what I said in a 'jerky' way, didn't mean to sound rude.
I merely thought that this was a waste of time. Most people (like 95%+) that use this forum don't care how it works or why, just so long as it does. I do happen to care, and I had already noticed the search system change, but then I realized you can get a list of the person's posts in order, so thats probobly why it was changed in the first place, now you can get them in two different orders, not just one.

P.S (to whoever downed my reputation) -> No need to put a nasty comment about me, I merely stated the truth. You should have at least come forward in the thread instead of cowering behind a reputation system to tell me "I suck" anonymously.

Best answers
I don't think that yelling at Alea for making a comment about the forums is necessary, I've noticed the search change too and it bugs me also. So yeah, I don't like.

Best answers
Tassadar said:
I don't think that yelling at Alea for making a comment about the forums is necessary, I've noticed the search change too and it bugs me also. So yeah, I don't like.
How can you not like it though? All it does is make the search better, because now you can search in two ways. Use the actual search feature to search in the "new" way (seeing the posts in order of the newest posted in thread) or just go into their profile to get the "old" way (listed in order that they posted)

Like I said before. Its a good change, theres nothing you can't like about it unless your too lazy to go find their user account profile...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not an open debate. Opinions are not meant to be argued, that's why they are opinions and not forum doctrine statements. If people desire to post their opinion to the effect that they don't like the new search system, it is NOBODY'S place to dispute that dislike. Suggestions are always welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom