Cells Tail

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly, they should only add it if they are going to slow down the game play but i dont think anybody wants that to happen

Best answers
Would not be toooo hard if it was made into some kind of sw00p attack... you sw00p at da back with the attack to latch on.

Best answers
I dont like the struggling idea. If only the victim can hold down primary fire to escape, that means cell will only ever get a set amount out of it, less if his PL is any lower.

Candy beam benefits are based on time and accuracy (the damage is evaluated by the amount of time the attacker's accuracy is correct). This tail attack sounds more like a (once you get behind someone) press the button once, suck the ki until the other player has held their mouse key for long enough.

It seems to favourable in Cell's direction. Unless you would be required to do some counter move or something to break free from it. I guess I think the move is a little cheap with the implementations given so far.

Best answers
First off - Cell only used that on 2 characters in DBZ, neither of which are in the game at this point, second - he can only benefeit from using it on those two, as he already has the "DNA" (which somehow transfered fighting abilities to him, but that's another story...) of all the other characters
third - the only way it can work is to put those two androids in the game, and have his transformations depend on soaking them up - which, as we know, would make no one play all 3 of em, unless we make them all bad ass, which would screw up game balance.

Best answers
... Riiiight. During the first battle between Piccolo and Cell, he wasn't using his tail to suck his energy, he was firing a blast from his tail into Piccolo's arm...[/sarcasm]

Best answers
Oh, your talking about that dumb ki absorb attack, not the one where he takes in an entire character - possible, but why not do it just like buu's candy attack - constant damage as long as in range, only difference is instead of a menu popping up, just go straight to pl - which personally would still be wrong, I think of it more as him soaking up ki, while it made him a bit faster, and all that jazz - the pl on the characters in the show is really their ki - they expend ki to make their punches stronger, to make them fly faster, all that is ki. but along those lines, I would like to see androids 19 and 20 in the game, they should have a large amount of ki, but need to recharge it from absorbing ki blasts and that from other players - no powerup for them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, I dont want Cell to have to go around and stick his tail into people like buus candy beam, I want him to be able to grab them from behind. Stick to that please.

Best answers
I like the idea though, but it seems if its going too be implanted then they need a new animation for all the characters (the animation of being grabbed).

They should make that someone of your team can interfere the struggle, by kicking the cell of your back, or blasting it off your back.
Well thats my opinion, i don't think it will unbalance the game though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right now i believe there is only 1 hitbox for all the players. to come in at their back would require a completely new hitbox. also pretty much the only way you will pull this thing off is
1) the person is afk
2) the person is brand new to the game
3) the person does not have their scouter on
4) complete dumb luck
5) the person is fighting someone else, which makes it mad cheap. to design an attack to use against someone already in battle is just cruel.
6) and unless the team implements a "stealth mode" it will be hard to get behind someone and latch on succesfully. i know when i see someone approaching me on my radar i either turn around or tele a few times.
7) beam spammers, i dont have a problem with sucking the life from beam spammers, go for it

Best answers
I find this idea quite good... But all those points all of you have already said should be carefully taken over consideration as it may make cell unbeatable... But as you have to be on his back and very close to the opponent to hit him with such attack, you really have to be a complete noob to be defeated with it! :devgrin:
About the way to set you free from it... it could be a small pl fight where cell, as he's using an attack, couldn't fight back and depending on the pl of the other guy, he would break free from that attack faster or slower! And a small delay of maybe 1 second before Cell starts sucking ki! :yes:
I think this is the best sollution, but I leave it to the people encharged... :laff:

Best answers
WELL... could also be this way.... thad cell ONLY can take 5k (MAX) from a enemy... and he have to do it when enemy is Knock-out...!

Best answers
why not have cell be able to use his tail only after your opponent has already been reduced to 10 or less health? that way the tail wouldnt be spammed and the victim will be able to break out of the powerstruggle if they are at a significantly higher pl since it would be rapidly decreasing

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This really should be in, Cell sucks really bad, he can't catch up with anyone in esf.

Best answers
I like the idea ... ok maybe it whould b hard to get someone from behind ... but I dunno make it pay off ... make it give cell a truckload of KI ... if they add this they should check how hard it is to get someone ... hmmm but ya chould dolare flare them ... or hmmmmm make Cells solar flare last longer .... yea thats it ... :) :yes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it a difficult move to pull off in 1.2 but one that will finish off a weakened opponent in melee. Make it the equivalent of Buu's candy attack but split the bonus between health and PL. Just do something so that his *unbelievably crappy* power level can be improved over time.

Best answers
it is freaking hard to get directly behind someone IMO, so i think that sort of evens things out

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that hard, just practice and you'l know soon enough how to get behind somebody in a very east way, but most people don't know how to do it, so it would even it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool idea, But where it is now would be extremely hard to use on someone and is pointless. 10,000 Ki? Screw that, I'd rather use a beam or melee. Make it AT LEAST as useful as Buu's candy beam. I think that you should be able to do this attack from any side of the opponent, any good player can use the teleport key to get away quickly, it will be nearly impossible to catch a decent player from behind.

Other than t hat good idea.

Best answers
Changes: Cell's tail should work like melee, if you press right click and if you get close enough it would be like the candy ray.
It would be hard hitting moving targets but if the guy is knocked out, you could use it on him while he's on the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've already said no to that -_-', so I don't want him to just stick his tail into people near him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom