Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cruzharo said:
Ofcourse someone does.

please dont spam like that.

to cel shade in max, you need to set one of your materials to the Ink n' Paint material type (click the button that says "standard"). then, on the shaded selection, make that your texture. and fiddle with the settings till you find what you like :)

Best answers
And how do you put a black outline on a model? (If cell-shading is that easy, then why the ESF-team doesn't use it? Cell-shading brings the game some anime feel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well its just faked... in real to make it ingame celshaded you will have to copy the whole model( doubled polys). So it will be damn laggy

anyway to make a black outline you will have to do the shading/outline(dunno how its called like) on 3 or above.... that what from i do remember.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cel shading in a render, and ingame celshading are worlds apart,
that and im not sure if real cellshading is actually possible in the half life engine,

for a render you just have to click a few times, for ingame effect it would have to be coded in, and i wouldnt think it would be easy

well its just faked... in real to make it ingame celshaded you will have to copy the whole model( doubled polys). So it will be damn laggy
we should start banning people for even mentioning that technique and cel-shading in the same topic,

Best answers
I think it's possible in HL engine. Did you saw Tridan's vegeta model?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Tridan done Was faking. He doubled the whole model (in milkshape he done it all -> )
he did fatboy 0.1 then he reversed the polys and set everything on black.. he added a texture on the model. if he would compile it he will have to make the model onto 2 parts (2 ref.smds) and then after he compiled it he may will have it laggy on his comp.

So dont expect the esf team doing it. Also it kinda whoring polys for doing a faked cellshading and afterall it will lag ingame.

Best answers
So it means, that there is no way of making a real Cell-Shaded model without having lag. Well, I think I'm going to try the fake cell-shading. Now if someone could close this threat, please.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes i did, it was one of the worst examples of "cellshading" (notice the quotation marks) in existence). in fact its technicaly impossible for an actual celshaded skin to exist. cuz the "celshading" is done by the games lighting system. not the skin.

the black outline has nothing to do with cel-shading. its just something that usually accompanies it. but it has nothing to do with the shading itself. the people that called thier esf skins "cel-shaded", in short dont have a clue what they are talking about.

edit**
closed by request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom