Cell Revisited

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As some of you know I am rebuilding my old Dbz model, cleaning them, rebuild where needed and quadifying them completly.

I know, I know "hey werent you working on Goku?" yes and don't worry ill get back to him too once I am completly finished with Cell.

And sorry for letting you guys miss out on most of the construction phase ;) but I was posting that on zeq2lite forum.

Anyway
here is a wired version.

and here is a quick pose I threw on him. (so shoulder deformation aint optimal yet)

side note, im still tweakin the mesh here and there and texture is not a complete final (some of his green spots need to be changed and some added)

but constructive comments are always welcome.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Look good but i think it's lake more green coloor. More dark green, but it's good models.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Mugen now that I think of it. I suggest making the skin use a darker tone of green. Also I still think the eyes need to be smaller! Other than that, looking great :)

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Provide some side and front shots if you want some hd critics, from what i see:

- head is big
- feet also (scale them vertically)
- you need to fix the eye shape a little, look for some refs
- wings are probably short
- buff them arms
- buff the chest from the side view and widen it a little (including the shoulders (this might fix the head being too big))

hope that this helps ;)

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Denz covered most of the changes you need to make, and I agree id like to see some front and side shots. One major thing you need to look at however is your topology, its all over the place here, for a low poly model you can get away with triangles here and there. I tried doing pure quads at one point, everything just looked sloppy, and its really difficult to keep the shape right making a model pure quads. for example, on your cells head, you have his horns going up, you merged a row on the border to make it a quad, which just makes your topology look awkward, it also from what it looks like kills the shape from certain angles by pulling it inward there.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
fixed a few things
*color correction
*feet
*size head and neck
*nose
*tiny body adjusts

*Edit

Views

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Posed Renders are nice and all, but they can be quite difficult to crit accurately. The proportions get skewed cause of the angle etc.., next time just post front/side pics for us again. For your wire render your hands are Wayyy too thin for any humanoid creature on the side view, looks like he had it compressed in a vice or something. It also makes it look like he has 2 fingers, this cell form most definately has 5 fingers per hand. Your new head looks better, but id have to see wires and a decent front view to give you better crits on it. The "horns" look a bit tall to me.

Post another set of front/side pics and ill get back to you with more crits, also like to see if you cleaned your topology up a bit at all if not i can do a drawover later when you get me those front/side pics. also, when you take wire pics, do it over a skinless grey model, cant see part of the wires at all with his black skinned body parts =/

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a lot better but.. :)

here's a fair shot of him you should aim for

notice that his upper body is buffed a lot making the character strong and tough

critics atm:
- your neck is too long, shorten it
- grab the whole head (without those horn things) and stretch it this way <> from the front a little (atm he reminds me of evil fox somehow with the eyes and all)
- thighs are too fat in that center row, try to make it more cylindrical (look at the first pic)
- scale the damn upper body lol (ref)
- scale that chest plate in the center in this direction also <>
- dont be afraid to **** it up, you'll fix it
- please post textureless fronts and sides as GG said :(

more refs

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Gpdj3N-gj...5_LFoU1I/s1600-h/dragon_ball_Prefect_cell.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gpdj3N-gj...AAG8/F_wY1Nq_t-8/s1600-h/dragon_ball_cell.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/2279/1248321028.jpg
http://saladotempo.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/cell-kamehameha.jpg

^ notice the jaw line from different angles, its pretty sharp angles

Best answers
ssj5 up how I knew who to go

---------- Double Post below was added at 05:47 AM has been merged with this post created 05:46 AM at ----------

I was in Vietnam ESF play!

---------- Double Post below was added at 05:47 AM has been merged with this post created 05:47 AM at ----------

I only know a little play!

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
d2 is offizialy now a developer in zeq2 lite this cell is for zeq2 ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom