ceiling jump

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my idea involves using bfp's flight system where you can make 360 degree turns while flying. so if this was implemented, being able to jump off the ceiling

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't work anymore with 1.2.

Best answers
Indeed, flying upside down would rock very much (at least if it looks and feels smooth and everything). It will bring alot more freedom to swooping, giving players a chance to do some cool swooping, but it has to be like bfp, simply turning the model upside-down won't cut it.

If possible make it a clientside cvar, so everyone can choose for themselves. Whoever has it disabled is limited to aiming up and down like it is now, whoever has it enabled can fly as they wish. The one that has it disabled will still be able to see the other player who has it enabled (he will appear upside-down or whatever). That way you can choose for yourself, if you like it or not.

If a serverside cvar works better (but is less player-orientated), then a serverside cvar works better.... ok, dull sentence but it would still be a neat addition to the game and gameplay (imagine upside-down fights etc :p)...
Not to mention it's a little more dbz-ish.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
flying upside down would add more manervualbility in the ame, melee fights will take for ever now that it would easier to dodge. But then, you have to think about...

Upside down power struggles

Upside down spirit bomb?

Falling on their head.

Best answers
Hmm good point, maybe some attacks should be disabled when you're turned x degrees

And falling on the head will no doubt do more damage

The upside down melee struggles from 1.2.1 (remember?) were fun, but on a second thought, most of the animations (struggles and melee) would have to be redone. Still, simple melee-ing upside down would be fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Upsdie down power struggles
Upside down spirit bomb?
Falling on their head
They can just make 360 possible only when you swoop.
Or, if you start charging an attack you automatically go normal (not upside down).

Best answers
Carnage said:
Hmm good point, maybe some attacks should be disabled when you're turned x degrees
Or maybe we can just forget the idea... What will adding 360 do for the gameplay? How long would it take you to get sick of it? Does it have any advantages in meele?

Best answers
It's fun swooping all over place including upside-down and as long as it's a clientside cvar, what the po0 you moaning about eh?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
offcourse no upside down spirit bomb that would look dumb, but upside down generic beams would be fun, though i wouldnt make this a clientside cvar but a serverside...it would be unfair for people who arent good at upside down flying (like in bfp) and they "could" be at a disadvantage, anyway, i already suggested this in the 1.0 days, but they didnt put it in, so i think they will not put it in now...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it isn't that it's a bad idea, the esf-team doesn't want anything from bfp in it........i know, stuppid >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bfp was based on dbz... so a lot of the things in bfp we're thought up from the show. in the show they had free meneuverability in the air, including flying upside down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom